In the True Spirit of The BBQ Brethren

IamMadMan

somebody shut me the fark up.
In the True Spirit of The BBQ Brethren, I am deeply moved by the kindness and Efforts of a fellow Brethren here. I am sure our brother doesn't wish to get personal recognition for his kindness and efforts, so I will not mention him by name.

In a posted message, I had commented about a trip I took to San Antonio, Texas last year to see my son graduate from Basic Training at Lackland AFB. I had tried to send myself some Local BBQ sauces that were well packed and double boxed. When they arrived at my home the box looked like it had been stabbed with a forklift, a large gaping hole right through the box end to end. Out of 16 bottles only 3 were not broken, a very poor survival ratio. It almost seemed as if the "FRAGILE" stickers were a target for abuse of the box.

Although our Brother did not know this, I had recently fell off of a ladder and had to make the trip to San Antonio with a broken shoulder, fractured humerus, as well as a bad knee. Nothing was going to keep me from my son's military graduation. Because of the injuries a week before the trip, I was severely limited to what I was able to carry, so that is why I had the items packaged and shipped from San Antonio.

When I arrived home today I found a box containing the following sauces...

20140816_152536_zpsa7228e5c.jpg

Franklin's Texas Style, Franklin's Vinegar, Salt Lick, and Texas-Texas Good To The Bone
These were the sauces with great recommendations and reviews and the ones I really wanted to try, but didn't survive the trip. My BBQ Brother even went to the exact same store that I purchased them at just so he would have a better chance of finding them.

With my Sincerest Gratitude to my Brethren Friend, I am truly Grateful for your gift, your time, and all your efforts. I am Truly Blessed to have such friends and to be part of the BBQ Brethren Family.

I know we have a Trading Post Forum run by NCGrimbo with scheduled and monitored trades a few times a year. But maybe we could have a thread where we could assist each other locating and helping each other to purchase sauces not available in our areas. We could assist each other in purchasing and shipping the items, or maybe even do this simply as an unofficial trade between two BBQ Brethren.

Anyway, to pay forward the gesture of kindness, I would like to say if someone is looking for something sold in my area, I will gladly assist them in finding whatever product(s) I can.

Very cool! Sorry to hear about the troubles, but all the other stuff is great! Thank your son for his service for me! :clap2:

That is a great gesture between 2 brethren. I would also like to say if anybody has any needs from my area please let me know and I will try my best to help out anyway I can. Congrats on the score and to the mystery giver.

Glad to see it work out! I picked up a bottle of that Good to the bone last week...have yet to try it though.

Thank your son for me for serving!

Nice story, I hope you have healed mate

I have healed well and have 50% usage on my arm and shoulder, but at least I still have it to use.
icon7.gif

Very cool! Sorry to hear about the troubles, but all the other stuff is great!

Thank your son for his service for me! :clap2:

I picked up a bottle of that Good to the bone last week...have yet to try it though.

Thank your son for me for serving!

Thank You for recognizing my son's service... Next month he is going to Germany for two years. Looking forward to having him in a safer environment.

I had the "Good to the Bone" when I was there, it's not sweet, and not hot, mildly spicy with a light vinegar/tomato base. It would go well with pork or beef, sauce served on the side. I am really looking forward to trying the two Franklin's sauces.

Yes this is a great example of the brethren's willingness to help one another.

Reading your description of what the box looked like when you received it I'd have to agree with you that your package was TARGETED by a vandal.:tsk:
I'm very happy to hear that a Texas Brother stepped up and made such a kind gesture in sending you some of the sauces that you'd lost, we used to be like that all the time down here but unfortunately over the years a lot of people have changed and don't think about others. They've abandoned the traditions of Texas hospitality and kindness towards others and have developed the "ME" mentality that is so prevalent in the world we now live in.
I remember back when I was a kid, my Grandfather cooked a brisket and left it on the doorstep of a home for a family that had no money to buy food. WHO DOES THAT ANYMORE?!?!
Whoever the Brother was that sent the sauce to you has in a small way restored my faith in Texans to be the good hearted, caring folks that I used to know. It's good to know that some of them still exist and if that Brother reads this post I want him to know that the eyes of Texas are upon him! :thumb::eusa_clap

Reading your description of what the box looked like when you received it I'd have to agree with you that your package was TARGETED by a vandal.:tsk:
I'm very happy to hear that a Texas Brother stepped up and made such a kind gesture in sending you some of the sauces that you'd lost, we used to be like that all the time down here but unfortunately over the years a lot of people have changed and don't think about others. They've abandoned the traditions of Texas hospitality and kindness towards others and have developed the "ME" mentality that is so prevalent in the world we now live in.
I remember back when I was a kid, my Grandfather cooked a brisket and left it on the doorstep of a home for a family that had no money to buy food. WHO DOES THAT ANYMORE?!?!
Whoever the Brother was that sent the sauce to you has in a small way restored my faith in Texans to be the good hearted, caring folks that I used to know. It's good to know that some of them still exist and if that Brother reads this post I want him to know that the eyes of Texas are upon him! :thumb::eusa_clap

OldBill,

The Brethren didn't want recognition, only to help another, that made the act truly unique.... I thought about not posting anything at all, but I think the story shows how we have become bound together as family because of our love for the true craft of BBQ.

I agree with you, many of us were raised to do our good deeds privately, not publicly. Nowadays it seems many people do good simply for the recognition.

Being brought up in the old ways, we still put food baskets, Christmas gifts, and such on needy doorsteps, knock on the door and run. We do it because we want to, not because we want others to see. This way they can never feel obligated to anyone because they were truly in need.

Back