THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bill-Chicago

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Chicago Southwestern Burbs, but always south of Ma
Name or Nickame
Professor Dickweed
Got a PM later this week from Brother Fitz (4deuces) that he was going to be in my neck of the woods today.

He and his filipina bride drove over from Des Moines this morning. So me and my filipina bride (hence the Ultra Mini x2) joined them for lunch at a spot with easy access for both: Chuck's Southern Comfort. http://chuckscafedarien.com/menu-2-2/

No food pics, but we had the Smoked Boudin Balls and the Fried Alligator appetizers, Fitz and his wife shared the BBQ Combo: ribs, pulled chicken, mac/cheese, slaw. My wife had the smoked corned beef sandwich, which oddly she said was not pastrami. (I don't eat either, so I wouldn't know) I had the Jambalaya (can't get enough since going to NOLA last September).

No pics of the food. Deuces wife has pics of us on her camera though.

He was up here to pick something up, was glad he reached out as we had about 2.5 hours of great conversation. Was fun talking food and the Philippines with him and his wife.

Looking forward to hooking up with him in Des Moines at some point.

Have a safe trip home you two!

Sounds like you guys had a great lunch. Southern comfort in Chicago? Lol. Wish we could have met up when I was up Chicago way, but we ended up being able to spend the whole weekend with my son and he wasn't allowed to stray too far from base.

picture.php

You don't get out much do you brother? :lol:

picture.php

Quad Cities. I don't want you to get lost this summer if you make it over here. If you end up in Des Moines, you went to far................... turn around. :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: QN
Back