THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think trying 2 weeks is a good idea. I really like the throwdowns (despite my less than stellar performance) but life is busy and a lot of weeks I just can't get it together.

I'll add my thanks to the moderators for doing the work of keeping this going! Much appreciated!

Now that I have read the new rules, I am hoping that you fine folks will allow me to participate from time to time. Now that I have found my way back.

Now that I have read the new rules, I am hoping that you fine folks will allow me to participate from time to time. Now that I have found my way back.
"12. If you have ANY problems with ANY of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for ANY reason, please use the VOTE thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. DO NOT post any complaints in the Throwdown threads about any entry. DO NOT complain about those entries to the moderators. DO NOT complain to the person who made the entry via PM or any other means, as this could be construed as a personal attack which is against forum rules. Any complaints or attacks posted in any Throwdown thread will be deleted, or worse."

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”: FDR

****MODERATOR'S NOTE****

This thread was started first and foremost by me as an announcement regarding some changes we wanted you to be aware of, and secondly, an opportunity for constructive discussion. Repeatedly posting rule #12 ad nauseum in not only this, but other threads in the last week are neither constructive, nor appreciated.

The debate as to whether we would eliminate rules as to entries fitting the category vs allowing any entry and letting the voters decide is long over, and was actually decided by you, the voters, a few years back. It is time to stop beating this dead horse and move on.

If you don't like the way Shagdog and I run the Throwdowns, your participation is voluntary:

13. If you have ANY problems with a particular Throwdown, for ANY reason, please remember that participation in these Throwdowns is voluntary and you can always choose to not participate in that particular Throwdown.

The bottom line is if you don't like they way we run the Throwdowns, you can leave at ANY time. From the very beginning, our intention here has been to have fun, and when folks try to stir up chit, keep grinding axes, etc etc. it is NOT fun.

That is all...

Back