I'm In Fairbanks, Alaska - What do you want to see?

AKMIMNAK

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Jonathan
I'm up here visiting family this week (I was born and raised here). I want to shoot a couple videos for my "Texas 2.5" YouTube channel from Alaska.

I shot a "pan fried halibut taco" vid the other night with my dad, who got me into cooking and smoking. What else would you find interesting? I hope to shoot at least one or two more up here and will post them over the coming weeks.

Open to your ideas!

Meats and cooking techniques... salmon, moose, polar bear, seal, and maybe a rhino or two.

I could go for some salmon, or other fish from that area, smoked or grilled. If you fight any bears, that would be cool too! :wacko::peep:

Moose and Squirrel.

Bear on salmon action.

They have any Dungeness up there or are they further south/west in the state?

So, I got super busy after I posted this and all I've filmed so far is a halibut taco with creamy dill sauce video with my dad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDDYnCOtzM0&t=5s

Will see what I can do for the last few days I'm here. I've gotten a bunch of good scenery shots from the area, and I like the idea of showing super market prices. Some things here are outrageously expensive (I'm told sheetrock is over $20/sheet right now......and one of my friends pays about $300/month for water because he doesn't live close enough for city water, and the well on his property has arsenic. So he has to have water delivery service at $.11 cents per gallon. He has a 1,000 gallon tank in his garage filled every ten days.).

We'll see what I can get done this weekend! Thanks for the input!

Last edited:
So, I got super busy after I posted this and all I've filmed so far is a halibut taco with creamy dill sauce video with my dad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDDYnCOtzM0&t=5s

Will see what I can do for the last few days I'm here. I've gotten a bunch of good scenery shots from the area, and I like the idea of showing super market prices. Some things here are outrageously expensive (I'm told sheetrock is over $20/sheet right now......and one of my friends pays about $300/month for water because he doesn't live close enough for city water, and the well on his property has arsenic. So he has to have water delivery service at $.11 cents per gallon. He has a 1,000 gallon tank in his garage filled every ten days.).

We'll see what I can get done this weekend! Thanks for the input!

Great vid. Very entertaining. Y'all come on down sometime we we will show you how we fry fish. Yours looks Great! :thumb:

Back