THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GrantAshton

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Grant
I have a favorite Swedish meatballs recipes but I ran across this Ikea version recently so I thought I'd give it a try.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/recipes/ikeas-swedish-meatballs-cream-sauce/17436/

I followed the recipe except I tweaked the sauce with more soy sauce and mustard plus I added a couple of dashes of fish sauce. Much better if I might say.

This is a pretty good version. If you like Swedish meatballs, I recommend that you give it a try.

(Meat with gravy over mashed potatoes = my comfort food.)

j1asDxv.jpg

IKEA actually does make really good Swedish meatballs. Their lingonberry sauce is really good too.

A few years ago, I was stuck at Ikea for two hours by myself and was really hungry. I bought a plate of 15 of their Swedish meatballs with gravy and ate them all in five minutes. After that, I could never imagine eating another. But after Grant's photo of his version, I think I'm ready again. :-D

Back