iGrill

No, no, no! When you set an alarm function, either a meat probe or pit probe there is an option to set just a max temp OR A RANGE. If you select the range you can have upper and lower alarms. So for example, if my target temp is say 325* i can set a mininimum at 300* and a max at 350* and get an alarm for either. And, on the data graphic, you see the min & max lines with your actual performance (hopefully inbetween)

I've been using one for about a year and really like it. I've actually had pretty good experience with the Bluetooth through windows and walls. Routinely set up my pit in the driveway and catch naps in the living room recliner or spare bedroom, about 50-75 feet through concrete block with Hardie board exterior and drywall interior.

I have not tried 2 units, would really like to know if that works.

Can you give some detail of how to set the high/low I could not figure that out?

Thanks

No problem.
I may have to go back through to remind myself but here is what I recall (set it up a while ago and just been using it as I set it up. You have to have the unit on and communication with you iOS system, in my case an iPad.

Somewhere there is an option to create and name your own settings for each probe. I created one called "Smoker" and reset the ambient probe (#1 for me) name to "Smoker" also. Then I selected the option to set a range (min and max), I just used 25* above and below my target cook temp. Saved it. Did the same thing for the other probe, callet it "Meat". I get alarms at both ends of the range. Let me know if it works, if not I'll go out and refresh my memory.

Can you give some detail of how to set the high/low I could not figure that out?

Thanks

Thanks

OK, this is what you have to do to get a Range alarm:

First click on the presets button:
70136e6c-a898-4a3f-b28f-33ddbf718756.jpg

Then click on "Range" button at bottom, and then the "plus/add" button:
90628c02-ce21-4cb5-94a3-27916335a78e.jpg

Then enter the name of your preset, and your upper and lower limits and hit "Done":
B0D89BBF-DFCB-4DC2-A330-DE58215E353B.png

Back