THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For the first time ever I will be doing a brisket under 10# this weekend. This thread isn’t giving me much hope. Normally I like to target 12#-16#.

For the first time ever I will be doing a brisket under 10# this weekend. This thread isn’t giving me much hope. Normally I like to target 12#-16#.
Have no fear. The size isn't important. I can see someone getting used to time and temp based on a certain size. But that doesn't mean that 2 pounds less is impossible to get right. Trust your process and don't panic. Probe tender is the same regardless of size. I've cooked hundreds, maybe even close to a thousand over 20 years. For 10 or so years I had no idea what a choice brisket was. Some say you can't make a select or ungraded one tender. That's wrong too. It might be easier to get a prime right but a select can be awesome too. I can't stress a long rest/hold enough.

What is worrying you?

Care to guess what size brisket this is?
d7ab815219eb8f59384ddc465b87e807.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Back