THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

boogiesnap

Babbling Farker
my wife brought these home for me. she was told lamb from iceland was the best lamb available due to their diet of berries and such. i seasoned them with some oakridge secret weapon, cooked them @400 direct on the kettle with a bit of applewood. oversauced:icon_blush: with meat mitches womp sauce and served.
they were extraordinarily tender. so good i couldn't stop eating to take the money shot...lamb flavor was ever so subtle delicate.
these were truly special.

Attachments

• photo (100).JPG
    photo (100).JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 243
  • LAMB.JPG
    LAMB.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 90
OMG, those chops look GREAT! Can you find out where your wife purchased them?

Oh my, I would love to have about a dozen of them please!! Beautiful looking lamb and that glazed look on them is so tantalizing!! Great work man!:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

Indeed! Great looking chops! What Moose asked too.

A simple google search revealed the following from the Whole Foods website:

Icelandic lamb is a super flavorful, exceptionally lean meat from animals raised with no antibiotics, ever and no added hormones. This lamb is a Whole Foods Market exclusive, and it won’t be around for long…try it today!

I suspect we're talking easily $25 - $30 a lb, and based on how good the ones are at Costco, I'll probably take a pass, even with my 20% discount I get from a friend...

A simple google search revealed the following from the Whole Foods website:

Icelandic lamb is a super flavorful, exceptionally lean meat from animals raised with no antibiotics, ever and no added hormones. This lamb is a Whole Foods Market exclusive, and it won’t be around for long…try it today!

I suspect we're talking easily $25 - $30 a lb, and based on how good the ones are at Costco, I'll probably take a pass, even with my 20% discount I get from a friend...

$19.99. those 4 were @ 1#.

2 of them plus a salad and a side and you have an exuisite meal for 15 bucks.

not bad, considering the quality.

I'm gonna have to try this one. It looks great!

picture.php

Back