THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

erichasaces

Take a breath!
My team has had pretty good success this season with KCBS style chicken, but being in Texas, we are starting to cook a lot more IBCA style events with half chicken. In fact we've been in the top 5 in chicken at 2 of our last 3 KCBS style events, but haven't had a top 10 all year in IBCA. Last week a top ten in chicken would have gotten us a reserve grand, and I think a top 4 would have been our first Grand!

I've searched the board a lot, and read what I could but I'm having trouble piecing together a really coherent half chicken recipe. Anyone out there want to offer up some advice?

Also, does anyone know of any videos/books/etc that might help? I don't mind spending the money to buy something like the Kosmos DVDs. We used videos from Barbecue Coach to get started with a baseline process. They were extremely helpful, but haven't seen anything specifically for half chicken.

Lastly, anyone have any suggestions on bbq schools/classes that include half chickens that I might be able to attend in the offseason?

+1
Excellent suggestion. That discussion covers just about all of it.
Several guys giving classes in Texas why dont you take those?
Dont over think it or over do it, a good moist bird that tastes like a good back yard chicken will beat a jacked up overinjected over flavored over sauced bird 99% of the time.

Back