I would love to open a BBQ restaurant but..

Don't forget the HP sauce and the Marmite!

CT sent me some of these, and I am finding new ways to enjoy them.

To think, I am trying sauces made exclusively for Parliment!

Wait...

How the hell did CT get Parlimentary Sauces???

I'll be searching the forums for pulled pork techniques/ recipes in the morning and ordering the butts after work.

If you want the best buy a full bone in pork shoulder, as you are giving it away pop over to your closest supermerket and buy a couple of boneless pork shoulders, they shrink a little more and the flavour isnt quite as "meaty" but they still come out good.

I'd smoke in 50% hick, 50% apple, or go 33% hick, apple and cherry!, go light on the spices in the rub and follow the standard advice on internal temp and foiling before ripping the crap out of it!!!

I'd also make the slaw myself as it works out cheaper and less claggy that the rubbish supermarkets sell, adding a little extra vinegar in gives a little tartness.

Don't forget the HP sauce and the Marmite!

CT sent me some of these, and I am finding new ways to enjoy them.

To think, I am trying sauces made exclusively for Parliment!

Wait...

How the hell did CT get Parlimentary Sauces???

Parlimentary Procedure.:p

Thanks Carbon I just stopped in the butchers to pick up my butt but it's still on the hog and he's making sausage at the moment so i'll return later.

Just had a thought I should have hem price a bit of that sausage meat before he stuffes it all and make a few fatties to go with the butt or shoulder.

On a side note have you guys ever tried salad cream or brown sauce? ( I think Brown sauce is made by Heinze who also do HP.)

On a side note have you guys ever tried salad cream or brown sauce? ( I think Brown sauce is made by Heinze who also do HP.)

Yes they have, A1 Steak Sauce, actually an English brown sauce but no longer sold over here. It's commonly available and quite tasty, similar to our brown sauces but a little thinner and it doesnt quite taste the same. I cant quite put my finger on the difference but then I've not back to back taste tested.....

It does make waitresses laugh when you ask for it with your breakfast or ask for a dry bacon sarnie and then smother it in A1!!! :shock:

Last edited:
Just had a chin wag with the owner of the pub and he's happy to have me put some food out for testing this weekend. Stopped into the butchers for my but and two pounds of unstuffed sausage meat fr making fatties. I'' go with the scotch egg fattie in hopes it looks familure to the masses. lol

I also had a conversation with Terry who has been running his own food van for several years and he gave me some direction on who tho contact( city council and The food standards agency) so I can get the right paperwork.

So am I in the ballpark taking it to160-165 internal let it rest without foiling? I'm not interested in the bark this time as it will be pulled. I think.

Will- who the snap is Sally when she's at home? LMAO!!

American BBQ

I've been to England for the past 3 summers and even helped do some vending at some weekend farmers markets. I spent one weekend at the Kent show. You should really contact Jackie of the American BBQ Co. She could help you a ton.

http://www.americanbbq.co.uk/

The only Parliament I know is George Clinton and the Parliament Funkadelic.:biggrin:

(Wow. I guess I forgot to refresh for a little while. This post ended up a page down from where it was meant to be...Dumba$$ mod.)

Last edited:
I wouldn't pull it until it got to 195+ so I would foil it at 165* and then take it up to 195* or so.... Also, I love a little bark in my PP Sammich....

WE WANT BOOTSY!!

I know them all too well. I may even hava a Bop Gup in the attic. lol

Bit of an update

Yesterday Rib Girl and I had a conversation with several people that been wanting pulled pork so I have a chat with the pub landlord about getting my product behind the bar. I proposed to start out every other Friday simply placing twenty sandwiches there around 3PM at the price of two pounds and offered him 25 cents for each one sold. He hummed and hawed and said he would have to think about it. I went into the sales pitch and he bit saying it was OK with him BUT Jo ( the little lifeless barmaid with no goals) may not be too happy about it.

At that time Jo walked in so I pulled her aside and gave her my intentions, before I could get it all out she dropped a VETO on the idea with her reasoning being, 'Thats my thing and I don't make much if any money from it so no'. At this point and it could have been a bad move but I simply started chuckled and asked if she honestly thought that by be placing PPs being the bar twice a month would honestly put a dent in her profit.

Now the plan is to just drop in on Fridays about the time my friends the ground workers, scaffolders, factory workers etc arrive from work and simply give them away. I have been doing this for years now in very small numbers for testing my skills and ideas so no harm no foul but what it will do is perhaps give the landlord an extra push and with fifteen or so big hungry happy guys throwing cash over the bar longer and smacking on PP while her cheese and pickle sandwiches sit and rot.

Looks good...

98737036_1e745d1a1c.jpg

Back