I wanted to thank some Brethern again.

NotleyQue

Full Fledged Farker
Last October I got to cook at the Diamond State BBQ Contest in Dover DE. At the time I was driving Harry Soo's equipment around the country for the BBQ Pitmasters series, and was getting tired of being a pit bitch when I am actuall cook (well at least I think I am)

I put a call out on the Brethern about needing to borrow equipment to cook this event as I had nothing being I am from San Diego. Well the Brethern came out of the woodwork offering to lend me what ever I needed to make cooking on the east coast a reality.

Jenny from Black Cat BBQ lent me WSMs and 2 EZ-Ups (one of which got damaged in the strong winds :cry:) Jon from Widespread BBQ who lent me another WSM and a Guru and a cooler, the Templemans (especially you Ron) for equipment, feeding me, and running my turn ins as I was a 1 man team. Plus it was great to meet east coast brethern that also offered to lend me stuff. OC Pig Assassin was going to lend me equipment too. The generosity of people in BBQ still blows me away. What other sport lends an opponent the equipment that he or she can use to beat them with. BBQers are the greatest people in the world.

Next Thursday Jan 21st a dream come true for me will happen, as I will be fortunate to get a bit more face time on BBQ Pitmasters, this time as Notley Que, and I wanted to thank the people again that made this amazing contest happen for me. You are some of the greatest people I have ever met, and I hope to be able to return the favors to you one day on the west coast.

Thanks again to Matt, Jenny Jon, ROn and Ron, and who ever else made the Dover DE contest, and my apperence on Pitmasters next week a reality.

Thats awesome, it is always amazing the conectedness and sharing of the Brethren, when really all we have on common is food. I will be looking for you Gary!!

That is realy great...I just got here a few months ago, and I tell you what, these folks are great. I have learned so much. Thanks brethren! And really cool of you hollywood types saying thank you too!

Those east coast people ARE pretty awesome!!!

When I saw you on last weeks Pit Masters I wondered if you the Notley from the Brethren. Looking forward to see you on next weeks!

Back