I Voted......Did You?

I had trouble voting tonight, but admit my profile was not updated.

Don Harwell of KCBS contacted me within 1 hour to tell me he is looking into it.

I am thoroughly impressed with this organization.

And once I can, Mike Lake will be getting my vote.

For those of you that get the Bullsheet, check out the names of the people doing the judging classes. Mike and Theresa Lake travel all over promoting the sport of bbq judging, and hold the IL state championship in Shannon IL every year.

Yes, there are plenty that deserve to win, but Mike (who I think took over for Ray (Dr BBQ)) is a class act, to say the least

Nancee, I think the vote only counts once. I didn't want to vote for other candidates which would have diluted my vote or Linda.

nancee said:
If you vote for just one person, does the vote count 4 times? Otherwise, should we not vote for the next best in our opinions?
Did folks vote for the bylaws or against?

I voted for Mike Lake, Linda Mullane and Mark Welte. I voted yes for the bylaw thing but just because Minion said it's OK.

I am going to push for a change in how we elect members to the Board. I would like to see regional system put in place. Right now New England, Calif, and the northern midwest states are not represented at all. A change is called for and some of the voting blocks in the country are going to push KCBS into a regional representive system (not a bad thing).
Jim

Last night I wrote a long memo regarding those who promote or partake in vote slamming (voting for one candidate foresaking the others).

I deleted the memo, due to fear of the flames or offending some.

Tonight I choose to make a simple statement:

Do you want one great board member and three bozo's
or do you have an obligation to elect four great candidates.
You choose.
Merl

Well stated, Merl. I don't know if there are any bozo's in the running this year but I understand your point.

I voted Linda for sure.. I voted for three others.
read there profile and voted for the three that I
thought would do the best for KCBS & BBQ.. Voted
No on the Bylaws. I agree with what Chris Hart wrote
they did poor job in explaining the need for the changes.

Merl said:
Last night I wrote a long memo regarding those who promote or partake in vote slamming (voting for one candidate foresaking the others).

I deleted the memo, due to fear of the flames or offending some.

Tonight I choose to make a simple statement:

Do you want one great board member and three bozo's
or do you have an obligation to elect four great candidates.
You choose.
Merl

Merl - Point well taken... Thanks for not holding it to yourself...

The election process should then require only one vote or four votes be made, not the option of selection "up to four"... Pick the top 4 vote getters...

I voted for two..based on what I knew of them personally and/or what I read of their answers. Only two impressed me from where I'm at. The rest all seemed fairly similar in their desire, committment potential, expectations etc. I made decisions from what was presented. The others are probably fine candidates but the answers to the questions all had a similar feel, response etc. and I did not feel "earned my vote"

jminion said:
I am going to push for a change in how we elect members to the Board. I would like to see regional system put in place. Right now New England, Calif, and the northern midwest states are not represented at all. A change is called for and some of the voting blocks in the country are going to push KCBS into a regional representive system (not a bad thing).
Jim

I voted. I feel that my vote should be confidential. I will tell you that I voted for people I felt that have been instrumental in my development as a competitive BBQer, CBJ. Coming from the North East, New England, I can understand "Vote Slamming" if that is the term that is used. BBQ here is growing in leaps and bounds. I see no representation for the North East at present in KCBS. The best thing that I enjoy most in BBQ is the fellowship. Should not all areas be represented?

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

my votes are in as well.

best of luck to all candidates...

REPRESENTATION OF THE MEMBERSHIP IS KEY...

I'm in

not thrilled but I did it

lunchlady said:
my votes are in as well.

best of luck to all candidates...

REPRESENTATION OF THE MEMBERSHIP IS KEY...

Back