I really love the month of June...

caseydog

somebody shut me the fark up.
June is my favorite month for cooking, because of the abundance of fresh vegetables. There is just so much good produce available in June.

I actually grilled and ate a vegan meal tonight, and loved it.

Here is what I started with...

picture.php

I put them on skewers, coated them with some oil, and seasoned them with k-salt, pepper, and garlic powder.

picture.php

Then onto the kettle, the zucchini and squash first, then the mushrooms, onions and peppers, and the tomatoes last.

picture.php

OMG, as much as I love me some red meat, this meal is one I only get one month a year. It was farking awesome.

picture.php

Anyone who doesn't like veggies has not had them cooked right. If you have good, fresh veggies, cooked right, you really don't need meat to have a great meal.

CD

Nothing like fresh cooked Vegan on the grill. Probed like Buttah, wrapped and held in a cooler for at least 2 hours. Sliced to a single pencil width, then doused in tofu. "Vegan, It whats for dinner"

Nice Job...CD

I am the same with asparagus when in season round here.. I grill it almost everyday because when its done its done and supermarket variety is not the same.. Looks good, love some grilled veggies minus the tomatoes.

Sometimes, nothing can beat a delicious, fresh vegetable—especially when kissed with a little bit of flame. Awesome post. Vegetables really don't get enough credit (and I'm talking TASTE, not health!) Amazing photos.

Nice looking shishkies there CD.......and you are right on, a lot of folks just don't know how to cook vegies right, and certainly fresh is best!

KC

Back