I picked up my smoker today! (Kat BBQ 48x24 reverse flow)

Wow, that is an awesome smoker, congratulations. Put it on bigger wheels, it will make the thing easier to move.

It was way more expensive for the version sitting on a steel construction with big fat tires ( $1400 is what I remember ). I didn't have enough experience to know for sure that would be worth it. I would need to know that I want to move the smoker a lot, and I would need to know how hard it is to move the smoker.

I now know how hard it is to move the smoker.

That is gorgeous! If you ever see someone running down the street with it, I'd suggest you don't chase him; if he can pick THAT thing up, it's probably best to leave him alone and just call the National Guard...

Congrats!! I really like the vertical above the firebox, I have not seen a KAT fabricated like yours. :clap2: Hmmm, might have to reconsider my options, again...

New Toy, looks a fine piece of equipment.
Enjoy the Toy

Ahhhh I love the smell of new smokers, you can always tell it's spring!!

Great looking cooker, I am sure you will have many years of memories coming off that beauty.

Welcome to the KAT family! I've got the 48x20, with the warmer like yours. I wish I had got the 24 because I can't fit briskets front to back (||||||) on it. I can only fit 6 on it, 4 (==) on the bottom and 2 (--) on top rack. its a great cooker!
if you have any questions one running it feel free to message me!

Back