I LOVE it when I get a box in the mail...!

• Thread starter LittleDick'sBBQ
  • Start date
L

LittleDick'sBBQ

Lookie here!

232323232%7Ffp63596%3Enu%3D47%3A9%3E%3A45%3E259%3EWSNRCG%3D353352464934%3Anu0mrj

Ta da!

232323232%7Ffp63632%3Enu%3D47%3A9%3E%3A45%3E259%3EWSNRCG%3D353352343534%3Anu0mrj

The Cajun Bandit stainless steel door, high-flow charcoal ring, and XL grommets! Woo hoo!

Thanks for looking,
Little Dick

The xl ones dont, you have to drill holes for them. Lets see a photo of the door on!

I dont get the charcoal ring, never had a problem with airflow on either the small or large wsm!

The xl ones don't, you have to drill holes for them.

Thanks. Do I drill out a pair of holes that are already there (which I prefer) or drill new holes?

Thanks,
Little Dick

Drill new holes, drill them wherever you like! Not too close to other holes though like for the straps. Not too close to the lip at the top. I did it just below the top grate and thread it up through.

Use wd40 to lubricate the drill bit as youre drilling to prevent chipping of the enamel. Its less scary than it sounds. I touched up the hole with high temp paint.

This hole was far scarier at an inch diameter!

http://bbbqs.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=916

If you put tape on the smoker body, then drill thru the tape, the coating won't chip. Masking tape works just fine.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk 2

I just got a 22.5 last weekend and was planning on getting the door. What's the deal with the charcoal ring? Is it that much better than stock

My 22.5 caught fire and destroyed the door, handle, water pan and thermometer (which is about useless anyway).

Does the handle not come with the door from this Cajun place? Is it available? If not, I'm just going to go through Weber to get replacement parts.

Greetings,

The Cajun Bandit door does NOT come with a handle; you have to re-use the WSM handle on the Cajun Bandit door. The GOOD news, when you order a new handle from Weber, it comes with a door!

Good luck,
Little Dick

Greetings,

The Cajun Bandit door does NOT come with a handle; you have to re-use the WSM handle on the Cajun Bandit door. The GOOD news, when you order a new handle from Weber, it comes with a door!

Good luck,
Little Dick

Greetings back at ya,

So if I need to order all the other items from Weber, is the CB door that much better? The original door seemed fine so is there a good reason to spend the extra money for a CB door and shipping?

Back