THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have considered ordering a humphries they are well built... Even tho i build cookers right now i have not had a desire to build a vertical insulated cabinet.. Although in the new year we will be offering a vertical offset... Sorta like lone star... With several options... My concern with the vertical reverse flows... (And i am not knocking anyone) if the firebox is anything less than 1/4 inch thick... At some point you have got to replace that area in my opinion... Then you have opened a can of worms... The reason i say this is... I have been approached with one that had burnt out or rusted thru... And i told the guy... Brother you are looking at a grand for me to fix it... It woul be a lot of work... Again i am not knocking anyone.. Humphries ... Is a great cooker.. So is pitmaker... Anything less than 1/4 in the firebox area would concern me.... Troy i am sure you will love that cooker... And i have no idea what the firebox area is made of...

Paul, always great to hear from you! If i like it half as much as my Shirley ill be elated...

I have considered ordering a humphries they are well built... Even tho i build cookers right now i have not had a desire to build a vertical insulated cabinet.. Although in the new year we will be offering a vertical offset... Sorta like lone star... With several options... My concern with the vertical reverse flows... (And i am not knocking anyone) if the firebox is anything less than 1/4 inch thick... At some point you have got to replace that area in my opinion... Then you have opened a can of worms... The reason i say this is... I have been approached with one that had burnt out or rusted thru... And i told the guy... Brother you are looking at a grand for me to fix it... It woul be a lot of work... Again i am not knocking anyone.. Humphries ... Is a great cooker.. So is pitmaker... Anything less than 1/4 in the firebox area would concern me.... Troy i am sure you will love that cooker... And i have no idea what the firebox area is made of...

Drake,
How about some action shots from your competition this weekend?

Right on, welcome to Team Humphreys. I have had my pint a few weeks now and absolutely love it. I was surprised at how quickly it heats up without a torch to the chamber at all. Going to run briquette and lump combo this weekend at its first comp. Get some pics up.

When I get them posted up, I didn't take any shots myself during the comp but the organizer did. I will try to get some today. She ran like a top throughout the comp though, solid temps at all times, used less than a bag of Kingsford throughout the whole event. Love this thing.

Last edited:
Back