Huli Huli Chicken Burgers

Mason Dixon Bowhunta

is one Smokin' Farker
Grocery store had ground chicken on special this week so I decided to try to make some chicken burgers with Huli Huli sauce. The sauce is a mixture of pineapple juice, soy sauce (I used Tamari sauce), ketchup, garlic, ginger and brown sugar.

picture.php

Added some of the sauce to the ground chicken along with some salt and pepper. Made three big patties and tossed them on the UDS

picture.php

Halfway through the cook I glazed them with some of the Huli Huli sauce

picture.php

Also grilled some pineapple slices

picture.php

I had some leftover baby backs ribs that I had smoked over the weekend. I pulled some of the meat and reheated it on the UDS with some on the Huli Huli sauce. Added the pulled rib meat to the burger and topped everything with some more of the sauce and some green onions.

picture.php

It was one of the messiest burgers I've ever eaten, but damn it was good!! Just a sweet, salty, smokey mess!

picture.php

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July! Thanks for looking!

Very nice!
I found out how to make Huli Huli marinade a few months ago. I made boneless skinless thighs with it. It is my five year old daughter's favorite. I will definitely have to try that with ground chicken.

What can be substituted for brown sugar? wife cant have sugar of any kind. we use xylitol most of the time.

Back