How to build a Brick BBQ Pit for $250 ! !

I think that maybe I have been around here too long.

I cautiously followed the link above expecting it to end up being a Mahna Mahna link, but it wasn't!

Now, why would you think such I thing?

Click below to See Fergie nude.

:lol:

That's my block pit, I use it a lot. I usually cook low and slow on it and just add hot coals to the ends..not under the food in the middle.
You could use it for grilling but I have another large grill that I use instead.

You beat me to it Cowgirl..yours is better and you can see it in action too:biggrin:

This is what I've been talking about. That is always the way we did it.

He screwed up and should have put the grate on the third course.

We never staggered them. We would disassemble the pit after the cook was over.

We have done whole hogs on this type pit but mostly did our Christmas hams that way. Then after my granddad was gone, my Aunts husband bought a gasser and that was pretty much the end of the good times.

My good friend in Gaffney, SC has one just like you describe with the grate on the 3rd course.
He removes blocks as necessary around the pit to access meat, or add coals.

They are one of the simplest and most pure ways of Q'n

Do you guys realize that Joe Davidson is the original Oklahoma Joe and he invented the Bandera? I introduced Phil to him a couple years ago and I think Phil peed his pants.

This is what I've been talking about. That is always the way we did it.

He screwed up and should have put the grate on the third course.

We never staggered them. We would disassemble the pit after the cook was over.

We have done whole hogs on this type pit but mostly did our Christmas hams that way. Then after my granddad was gone, my Aunts husband bought a gasser and that was pretty much the end of the good times.

3rd course was how we built ours too. If you use 2 courses you should dig a shallow pit before you start stacking blocks.

Do you guys realize that Joe Davidson is the original Oklahoma Joe and he invented the Bandera? I introduced Phil to him a couple years ago and I think Phil peed his pants.

Cool.

Cool about Oklahoma Joe and about Phil peeing his pants! :lol:

Back