THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i bought my medium new in sep 06 for $510.

Keep saving for a Large.

the medium is a great cooker and it's a whole lot more portable than a large at 85 pounds versus 140 for the large. i'm just sayin :biggrin:

I'd get them down to $400 or below. Anything used comes with potential issues.

Brian or Rick - With BGE Mother Ship warranty something like that? If not, then there's a big value difference from new to used.

only new eggs from an authorized dealer have the lifetime warranty.

ha! i don't sell them... yet.

to answer the question in the thread title - they are priceless. :biggrin:

Yeah! I'm just sayin' keep saving for a new Large!

We all want a screamin' killer craigslist deal, but until that time comes when you do have issues (like a cracked base) and its not under warranty and you may have to decide whether to spend a couple to a few hundred smackers to make that screamin' killer CL deal whole again, you will be wishing you'd bought from an authorized dealer. But then again who am I to deny anyone their right to a screamin' killer craigslist deal?

I can say that when I got a FREE Large and spent a couple hundred bucks upgrading it and having a couple years of great cooking adventures on it until I found myself in that predicament. I was heartbroken and moped about and bucked up and got a demo Egg and cooked on it so I knew what I was getting. And I feel pretty good that BGE will stand behind it.

I think I am gonna wait and buy a new one. The guy on CL is firm on his $450 and it feels a little high. If he had said $300-$350 I'd have picked it up tonight though!

i will warn you that once you get the medium, you'll want a large also. i got the medium to take to the nascar races in the back of the rv...

I think I am gonna wait and buy a new one. The guy on CL is firm on his $450 and it feels a little high. If he had said $300-$350 I'd have picked it up tonight though!

I think thats a wise move.

When I scored my Small last Spring, RTD told me then that a perfect combo is one Small and one Large. Well, I'm there now and lovin it. I scored my Small for $50. So keep watchin CL. Deals are rare but they do happen.

Got me a medium used one (actually a komodo) on craigslist for $60 and had to put another $70 into it. Sold it to DeesNutsBBQ (brethren) for $130. So the deals are out there.

Back