THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

71-South

is Blowin Smoke!
OK, this might be a dumb question, but that's just how I roll. :)

Gonna do a full packer tomorrow per Bludawg's advice, 300° and wrap in butcher paper. I picked up a roll of 18" butcher paper from Sam's.

How do I wrap this thing and keep the paper from coming undone. I was thinking of using the gun stapler, but I'm afraid it might leave a metallic taste on the meat.

Any videos or tutorials that demonstrate how to do this?

Yours in ignorance,
Bret

don't overcomplicate it..

just wrap it so top/bottom & sides are covered, and then leave the last end portion on the bottom so the brisket sits on it and hold it down.

It's your really concerned, just put a piece of masking tape

Wrapped my first brisket yesterday. It's simple; just make sure to tear off enough paper to have plenty to fold under the brisket and place folded side down. Eventually the grease ate through the paper, so I used a second piece during the rest period.

I just bought the 1,000 ft 18" roll at Sam's ($17). I'll have plenty to practice wrapping with.:-D

Back