How do you smoke veggies and other stuff

That sounds good too Mark. I'll try both methods next cook.
As an aside. The garlic I can get is white, sometimes with a purplish skin. About 3/4ths of the size of a tennis ball. Would this be considered elephant garlic?

Kevin said:
That sounds good too Mark. I'll try both methods next cook.
As an aside. The garlic I can get is white, sometimes with a purplish skin. About 3/4ths of the size of a tennis ball. Would this be considered elephant garlic?

No. elephant can be as large as a softball. There are several strains of Purple Stripe garlic. Check this site: http://www.dakotagarlic.com/Purple_Stripe.htm

They are all considered "Hardneck's" and they are all good. I think the Purple Stripe varieties have a little bit of a kick. And I mean in a good way.

I have tried several strains of hardnecks here and I never get consistent results. But the Elephant garlic just seems to grow very well here so I stick with it. Must be something about the ph in my soil.

I use a metal colander. The smoke goes right thru it to give the veggies some flavor. Usually I just skip the whole veggie thing so I can shove More BBQ down my throat.

A colander. What a great idea. I can load up a good stainless steel colander with garlic, onions, tomatoes, whole red and green peppers and they will all mingle into each other. "Oh what a wonderful world".

Hey Smoker, my wife's Dad's family is from Long Island. Long Beach to be exact. Her maiden name was Bruno. Her Grand Pa and his two brothers had a bar in LI. Never been there but they tell me it's nice, in the spring and fall. They say it can be a bear in the winter and the summer get's hot and sticky sometimes.

I use these for veggies, and for smoking peanuts and such

wok.jpg

willkat98 said:
I use these for veggies, and for smoking peanuts and such

wok.jpg

Yep that is the way to go do the samething. Does good Kabob's as well with no stick, saves a lot of time.

Dammit

backyardchef said:
I like ez-wider. Smoking vegetables is great, but they're hard to keep lit.

Now I'm pissed......
Beaten to the punchline.

Back