how do you get your fire going ?

I just tell my wife I'm thinking about buying another smoker or grill...That fiery look she shoots me gets it goin' every time!

When she's not around...the HF weed burner... Hey, it doesn't burn as hot as her stare...but it works

smokeindaeye that looks really cool you should post a video on how to use it the smoke i am making is way to big for a charcoal chimney but i think i would three or four of them but i am gonig to try the weed burner

Hoping to use it the next time I shoot a video. Haven't even put it together yet but will definitely fire it up at my next contest.

Harbor Freight Propane Torch

20tfo1f.jpg

Fine. I'll be the only one to admit - lighter fluid. I tear the top off of a beer can and pour some lighter fluid in - light it and then place the chimney over the top.

Weed burner here.
Sometimes I even use it for burning weeds around fence lines...and for thawing out frozen water troughs in the winter. :biggrin:

We were at a KC Royals game a couple of weeks ago and had the Weber Smokey Joe Plantinum with us to do some brats...well, I got the chimney out and loaded it and got it going with some newspaper (forgot the veggie oil)...
So we were sitting there in the parking lot throwin' back a few beers waiting for the coals to ash over in the chimney and some 20something group of slackers come walking by and one yells out..."Dude...look...that guy knows nothing about BBQ...he doesn't even know how to light his farking grill..." And as he walked by he said to me "Next time, bring some lighter fluid...they light a lot faster that way..."
I just smiled at him...

+1 for lighter fluid. I must be dense, I never taste it in the food once the coals burn down to white. I know this is not PC. :p

weed burner or chimney.

ALSO... saw on survivorman than corn chips burn forever, so just for giggles I put some corn chips inside the newsapaper ball when lighting a chimney, and yup, the chips stuck around and burned alot longer after the paper was gone. he used fritos on TV, I used some generic dippin chips.

weed burner or chimney.

ALSO... saw on survivorman than corn chips burn forever, so just for giggles I put some corn chips inside the newsapaper ball when lighting a chimney, and yup, the chips stuck around and burned alot longer after the paper was gone. he used fritos on TV, I used some generic dippin chips.

That's a pretty cool idea! I thought you just plugged your cooker in, turned the dial to "fall of the bone tender" and pressed the "on" button though.:twisted:

We were at a KC Royals game a couple of weeks ago and had the Weber Smokey Joe Plantinum with us to do some brats...well, I got the chimney out and loaded it and got it going with some newspaper (forgot the veggie oil)...
So we were sitting there in the parking lot throwin' back a few beers waiting for the coals to ash over in the chimney and some 20something group of slackers come walking by and one yells out..."Dude...look...that guy knows nothing about BBQ...he doesn't even know how to light his farking grill..." And as he walked by he said to me "Next time, bring some lighter fluid...they light a lot faster that way..."
I just smiled at him...

i would have give him something other then lighter fluid

Back