How do you dress your pulled/chooped pork?

i rub the butts with my dry rub. when done, pull them and serve with sauces on the side - usually my bbq sauce, nc vinegar sauce and a mustard sauce.

Remember the bomb pops, those red, white and blue popsicles? Or Neopolitan ice cream? For folks eating over or if I'm giving out samples at comps, I take a hot dog bun and cram it full of pulled pork and then squirt sauce onto a third of each section and hand em out. They get a taste of 3 sauces and tell me which they like the best. Just a cool little way for folks to sample different sauces.

for guests, I make a basic ketchup brown sugar sauce but double down on the cider vinegar and add a little apple juice.

Serve with mayo-less cider vinegar/sugar cole slaw for the sammies.

I also will leave it undressed (just the juices) with a few different sauces on the side for guests. Sometimes I'll put out the mini rolls so they can try different ones without having to commit to a full sammie of just one sauce.

NAKED The flavor should come from the rub not the sauce. The only time I use a vinegar based sauce is if the meat is too dry. Sauces are served on the side. Watch the people and the sauce. Some know good Q and some don't.

I usually do mine plain with sauce on the side, sometimes I'll add just a hint of vinegar base sauce.

pull to clean into nice stringers of meat/...maybe a sprinkle of rub..maybe a squirt of sauce..but let your guest decide what to sauce....and have the different styles available...but let the meat stand on its own as it just spent 10 hours nice n cozy in yer cooker..

Rub then let sit overnight in the fridge. No injection. Serve it plain with a variety of sauces on the side. It comes off the smoker good enough to eat by itself. I've found that after adding a bun, everyone in the family has different tastes on what sauce to use or whether to eat plain. I'm back and forth on either a mustard sauce or a cider vinegar based sauce myself.

I just apply rub, then smoke.
My wife likes hers Memphis Style, and I like mine with a little sauce.
Compromise is having sauce on the side...
I gave up years ago trying to convert her BBQ taste.

Naked or lightly dressed with some BH Red, and always have BH Red available on the side.

Nekkid, sauce on the side - I usually offer a choice of mustard based, vinegar based, and tomato based sauces. The tomato based is usually a commercially available sauce of some sort (it varies) but I make the other 2.

Depends on who is eating it.

If it is just me and the wife I pull it and add a little Eastern North Carolina sauce to it. If I am feeding others as well usually pulled the sauce selection on the side. Sometimes, no sauce, just straight pork that stands by itself.

Back