Hot(ish)/Fast(ish) Brisket

CSchieck

Knows what a fatty is.
Picked up an 18# Prime brisket from the Costco earlier this week. Injected with Butcher's prime friday evening and let sit in the fridge overnight. I inject through the cryovac to prevent unnecessary mess.

Fired up the smoker at 8:30 am. While the smoker was coming up to temp, I trimmed the brisket, wiped down with some Worcestershire sauce (sparingly), and applied some Montreal Steak Rub (also sparingly).

Brisket went on the cooker just before 10:00. Cooked fat side up, top rack at 275-325 for three hours, then wrapped in butcher paper and cooked at 250 (+/- 20 degrees) until it probed tender at around 5:00. Internal tempo was reading at 197 in the flat, 202 in the point.

Threw it in the cambro and let it rest until 7:00 when I sliced for consumption. Very moist. Very tender. No complaints. Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• IMG_2634.jpg
    IMG_2634.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_2636.jpg
    IMG_2636.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_2635.jpg
    IMG_2635.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 121
Looks like you nailed it.

How do you like the butchers injection. Been thinking about picking some up for my next brisket

Looks like you nailed it.

How do you like the butchers injection. Been thinking about picking some up for my next brisket

In my opinion it makes a big difference in both taste and moisture retention. It is a little expensive, but worth it.

Back