Hot & Fast Brisket I am Confused*** Again

Maybe it's just the camera angle, but it looks a little lacking in rub. You might spritz it with some apple juice and hit it with some more to give you a nicer bark.

Just my thoughts,
John

I did it Naked :shock: Just Salt and Pepper. Wrapped in foil at 3:00, Flat at 204° at 4:30 Probe slides in like butter, now resting. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one. Sliced Pic's to follow.

I did it Naked :shock: Just Salt and Pepper. Wrapped in foil at 3:00, Flat at 204° at 4:30 Probe slides in like butter, now resting. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one. Sliced Pic's to follow.
Ahhhhh yeah! You are fixin' to be on the bidness end of some fine cow, my friend. :wink:

John

Is it still resting? If not, where are the pictures? :rolleyes:

Make sure you get shots of the entire serving and eating process for Mike so he'll know it was really you who ate it. :eek: :-D

John

Make sure you get shots of the entire serving and eating process for Mike so he'll know it was really you who ate it. :eek: :-D

John

That's one take on it. The reality is the internet is a visual thing. It is more interesting to look at pics of an event than to read about it. John knows it, we all know it.

Here are the results!

First off, Thanks for all the advice on cooking this Hot-n-Fast Brisket.

Looks like it will take a couple more attempts to get this right. Possibly placing the Brisket into an aluminum pan for the entire cook.

I started out 10:00am at 350º dome on the Egg. After about 2 hours I brought it down and set in at 275º for 3 hours then brought it back up to 350º with Brisket at 180º in Flat and 174º at the Point. Wrapped in double foil for another 1 1/2 hours Flat and Point at 205º. Placed into dry cooler at 4:30pm, total time in Egg 6 1/2 hours. Let rest for 2 hours and 45 minutes. Served at 7:30pm.

The Flat was too done about 2" in from the far edge the rest of the flat was just a touch overdone. Should have separated the Point and Flat and rested the Flat a little sooner.

Loaded up the Egg with Royal Oak and a few hunks of Mesquite.

Picture448.jpg

12 Lb Packer, I trimmed it down, maybe a little to much.

Picture451.jpg

Picture456.jpg

Picture460.jpg

Picture466.jpg

Ready to go on

Picture474.jpg

Egg almost ready

Picture482.jpg

Not very much Juice

Picture497.jpg

Ready to Slice

Picture501-1.jpg

Nice little smoke ring

Picture511.jpg

The Point was excellent!!!

Picture512.jpg

No knives needed, Fork Tender.

All in all I submit to the fact that if done correctly a Hot-n-Fast Brisket is Very, Very Good. It actually came out better than the couple of Slow cooked ones I have attempted.

In my experience the last 2 inches don't really get too tight for me because I cook fat down. But look how well you did your first time with no foil.

There are little adjustments you can do in regards to that 2 inch problem as well when you are cooking several briskets. I knew one guy that simply took some of the damn fat that was cut off and protected the edges. I will at times overlap halfway through the cook the tips. TIPS - well, that's the funny thing. When you are in bulk mode those burnt parts get chopped, collected and reconstituted into the most delicious sandwiches.

Hot and Fast?????

Been doing them that way for about 6 years. Would NOT do them any other way.

Butts, too.

PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back