THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.

BBQ Grail

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Larry
A couple of weeks ago I cooked 200 ABTs, a bunch of fatties and some Chicken for a wedding reception.

I've been asked to do a tasting for another possible reception and I need some ideas.

This is not a sit down meal. More like small "bites" of food that people can put on a small plate and eat with toothpicks. (I hope I'm painting the right picture).

Does anyone have any specific ideas they can share with me. I need something new I can try.

Please be as specific and descriptive as possible. If this one works out, then it's official launch of Sunset City BBQ Company and I get to know the health department and everything.

Those pig fingers (bacon wrapped chicken strips) are really good. I did some last week and gave them a nice Blues Hog basting. Mmmmmmm...

I have seen chicken tenders wrapped in bacon - I am sure you can scale that down and who wouldn't like that?

How about ribletts - in the past I have had my butcher cut BBs lenghtwise so the ribs are sliced in half.

Not sure how pinkie's up this gig is but those are my 2 cents.

Good luck!

Water Chestnuts wrapped in bacon and smoked with a little bbq sauce. Very simple and very good! :wink:

May want to par-fry the bacon before wrapping so the water chestnut does not dry out or cook at high temp.

For some UW Tailgate parties I often make Skewered Chicken Tenders that are marinated in pineapple juice/etc and skewered Hoisin Beef (or venison) using flank/skirt steak.

When food is on a stick - it just tastes better. If you are interested in the exact recipe(s) - let me know & I can post them (they are on paper now).

Heres a couple of things that go well on this side of the pond ( besides ABT´s wich are a winner here, too)

Bratwurst-pineapple tortillas :

Cut Pineapple into chunks and season with sugar, cinnamon and chili powder.
Grill until golden brown and soft.
Take a good, not too thin brat and cut its crosswise on both sides
. Grill it over indirect heat until almost done, then put over direct heat until crisp. Baste with a mix of maple syrup and apple juice if you like.

Grill the tortillas over direct heat until soft and hot.
Put a line of ruccola in the middle of the tortilla, top with pineapple chunks and bratwurst and top with a "cocktail" style sauce (thats what they are calles here).

Roll the thing up, insert some toothpicks and cut into pieces. You can also cut in halft for two servings.

57_110807_048_Medium_1.jpg

57_110807_049_Medium_1.jpg

57_110807_050_Medium_1.jpg

57_110807_046_Medium_1.jpg

57_110807_047_Medium_1.jpg

Grilled Pineapple chunks on a stick or pineapple moons with a grape stuck in the middle are also nice fingerfood. Use the sugar, cinnamon, chili mix for those too

57_110807_039_Medium_2.jpg

Planked Salmon, cut into pieces with toothpicks inserted are also a niece variation

57_110807_055_Medium_1.jpg

57_110807_057_Medium_1.jpg

Bacon wrapped dates, stuffed with cream cheese if you like are a winner too.

How bout our grilled pralines ? We scored bigtime with those on every competition so far.Womem fight over these.

57_DGM_072_Medium_1.jpg

Miniature mars, Snickers, Milky way or other pralines or chocolate bars, rolled in a (wet) really thin trukish yufka or filo dough.
After rolling em up and making sure the sides are closed, they have to be brushed with a little vegetable oil to prevent sticking.

Then you can cook them on low direct heat or preferably a griddle with 1/4 " of oil.

57_110807_094_Medium_1.jpg

Serve with whipped cream or vanilla sauce and strawberry sauce.

Good luck on that event.

DM

corn beef dip with those little slices of rye bread I think you cook smoke your corn beef and it make a great dip

I like these bacon wrapped chicken tenders cut into bite-sized pieces served with dippin' sauces.:biggrin:
You could also do bacon wrapped shrimp or scallops on the grill.:cool:

100_0305Small.jpg

Back