Horrible Day - Broke my BGE :-(

A replacement base is definately available for purchase. Try working through your local dealer to save freight charge, but definately contact BGE corporate for pricing to make sure dealer pricing is not out of line.

Man, I really wish this was an April Fool's joke in September. :sad:

Contact the mother ship in Atlanta and they should hook you up for a few bucks. The times I've needed them, their customer service was awesome.

Stinks!! -All the kings horses and all the kings men-.....hate to hear about breaking tools of meat mastery.

I got a new bottom to replace my old ceramic that developed a V shaped crack that ran from the base through the vent up to the lip. I was lucky that the Mothership still had any as the old style ceramic BGE's are a little smaller diameter. I wasn't in a big hurry as I had bought a demo at the Eggfest, but they sent it with the distributors order and there was no shipping charge. Give them a call, you never know, they may be able to hook you up.

Sorry, dude. I guess they picked the right name for those cookers.

Ouch. Hate to hear. BTW, anytime I have to use a dolly, I put some plywood between the egg and dolly and use ratchet straps at the top and bottom.

Hope you get a replacement soon.

Argh. I've seen more than a couple broken ceramic cookers. Unfortunately, it is par for the course when you move something heavy and fragile around. Physical damage from moving won't be covered under warranty, but you can definitely buy a replacement shell from BGE.

Back