Home made ketchup and sauce (no sugar)

Beautiful Bob! What a great way to bring on the flavor while walking the tightrope of your dietary restrictions. That ingredient list is pretty serious! Where was my invite??

To celebrate of this great recipe I'll send a sample bottle of Red Boat Fish Sauce to the first five people to PM me. Red Boat is an extra virgin fish sauce made of wild caught anchovies and salt that are fermented in hand made wood barrels on tropical Phu Quoc Island off the coast of Vietnam for sixteen months. As Bob knows, it adds a great depth of flavor to sauces, stocks, and dressings. Don't fear fish sauce - it is one of the key flavoring components in worcestershire sauce. PM me if you want to try it in your sauce, marinade, or bloody mary.

Nice work Landarc! You've taken that sauce from a western NC base up to a whole 'nother level of flavor layers. Dare I say California Foodie? - in a good way. I truly love the thin sauces of the south that let the flavor of the barbecued pork shine through. Then there's the sandwich, which is a work of art! Green tomato relish? Come on!

Thanks for the recipe landarc. I will be trying this one.

I haven't had much success with a low carb BBQ sauce yet, but this ketchup looks to be a good start.

There are so many sweeteners out there now, some that are actually edible and still sweet when cooked. The ketchup got better last night, I couldn't find a container, but, there was a tiny amount of bourbon left, so now, the ketchup has a little bourbon in it, and I am pouring ketchup out of a Woodfords Reserve bottle. :becky:

That's a super recipe Bob! For some reason, you've got me thinking about using fish sauce in a chutney... with some bourbon!

Cheers!

BIll

Dang it Landarc I'm hungry now. Just so happen to have some left of Picnic shoulder. Wish I had some of that ketchup.

Brother Landarc I wish I had the discerning tastebuds that you and some others here seem to have. I just am not able to pick up on the subtilties of all the different ingredients like you guys!

Nice job on the ketchup! Or is it catsup?

There are so many sweeteners out there now, some that are actually edible and still sweet when cooked. The ketchup got better last night, I couldn't find a container, but, there was a tiny amount of bourbon left, so now, the ketchup has a little bourbon in it, and I am pouring ketchup out of a Woodfords Reserve bottle. :becky:

Now you're onto something...

Tim, we will chat Weds. about the whole ketchup thing, the bourbon is a good addition

Back