THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mr.OiSat

is one Smokin' Farker
My girlfriend was out dir diner today so I decided to start the weekend with a big steak, some bacon wrapped green asparagus and grilled jalapenos.
Had a nice cold beer with it and now I'm sitting on the balcony with a cuban cigar and a glass bourbon digesting this great mal and enjoying the summer night.

Have a nice weekend guys.
a91af948ac40711be7cd199ba11f790f.jpg
b6bc8a23378864c73cd2ce9dd2345f8e.jpg
7541da0a9b3fdf2b15d626ae9a75f86c.jpg
0f9216f6e8417cf72b87bf604ba274e5.jpg
d224bf952c7a90591bb24fe48d103f81.jpg

From the baconarea of bratwurstcountry

Now that looks like something I could really go for. Fine job on an excellent looking meal. And also what a way to finish off. Some day I really need to visit your great county and sample some of the fantastic food. The asparagus really looks good and the steak just looks like, like, like, something that you would fight a war to sample!!!!! Great job.

nice! where did you get bacon that thin!

I thin my own bacon for certain recipes...ABTs are one.

Put a slice on your cutting board, start in the middle, and run the back spine of a chef's knife gently down toward one end. You'll quickly see it starting to elongate & thin out. Once you see what I'm talking about it will be somewhat self-explanatory. Just keep thinning in one direction & then in the other. You'll end up with a slice of bacon that is at least 50% longer than it was originally.

For ABTs I typically use 1/2 slice of thinned bacon along with peppers that are halved into boats.

That looks awesome. I have to try the asparagus with bacon wrap.
I have a Black Forest cuckoo clock that my dad sent home from Germany to my grandma when he was stationed there in the Army (early 50's). It's kind of a family heirloom. Sorry off topic but thought you might appreciate it.

Back