THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sjhill

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Stu
Had my best friend over and his wife for a Christmas dinner before leaving town for the holidays. Picked up a standing rib roast at Costco for the occasion. I was a little nervous about messing up such an expensive piece if meat as it was the first prime rib I’ve cooked.

Trimmed up the 8.5 lb. roast and tied it off.
Z3rKE1em.jpg

Then I made a paste out if rosemary, minced garlic, Oakridge Santa Maria, and evoo.
NAdeFtnm.jpg

I smoked it on the Yoder at 225 with lumberjack competition pellets for about 2.5 hours until it hit 105. Then I cranked up the heat to 450 and seared it until 125. Didn’t get a big amount of char because I hit 125 and I chose to pull it on off and have it temping where I want it instead if it being a little more charred and possibly overlooked.
WAJmNOFm.jpg

ingMtKXm.jpg

9dl3KZgm.jpg

IDNLdEtm.jpg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4ZvGeHvrFw
don’t mind the cat food I don’t have much counter space haha.

She came out edge to edge medium rare. I couldn’t of been more happier with the cook. My friend and his wife both said it was the best meat they've ever had. They didn’t really have to tell me that by the size of their second plates haha.

Merry Christmas to all my fellow brethren!

Great job, it looks perfect!
Merry Christmas to you and family.

Had my best friend over and his wife for a Christmas dinner before leaving town for the holidays. Picked up a standing rib roast at Costco for the occasion. I was a little nervous about messing up such an expensive piece if meat as it was the first prime rib I’ve cooked.

Trimmed up the 8.5 lb. roast and tied it off.
Z3rKE1em.jpg

Then I made a paste out if rosemary, minced garlic, Oakridge Santa Maria, and evoo.
NAdeFtnm.jpg

I smoked it on the Yoder at 225 with lumberjack competition pellets for about 2.5 hours until it hit 105. Then I cranked up the heat to 450 and seared it until 125. Didn’t get a big amount of char because I hit 125 and I chose to pull it on off and have it temping where I want it instead if it being a little more charred and possibly overlooked.
WAJmNOFm.jpg

ingMtKXm.jpg

9dl3KZgm.jpg

IDNLdEtm.jpg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4ZvGeHvrFw
don’t mind the cat food I don’t have much counter space haha.

She came out edge to edge medium rare. I couldn’t of been more happier with the cook. My friend and his wife both said it was the best meat they've ever had. They didn’t really have to tell me that by the size of their second plates haha.

Merry Christmas to all my fellow brethren!

now that is a fancy feast:p

Stealing the seasoning idea. Was thinking Santa Maria but wasn't sure on the rest.

Looks great, awesome job. Hope mine turns out as good.

Stealing the seasoning idea. Was thinking Santa Maria but wasn't sure on the rest.

Looks great, awesome job. Hope mine turns out as good.

You won’t be disappointed. It smells like garlicky heaven. I used a container that had .5 grams of rosemary, half a cup of Santa Maria, half a cup of minced garlic(about 15 cloves), and half a cup of evoo and it made just enough for the roast.

Back