Hold brisket for 24 hrs or refridgerate and reheat.

Calenk

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Calenk
Hey. So I'm gonna smoke a brisket tomorrow to eat the next day.
I'm gonna do a sous vide hold on it after it's done. Should I just hold it for 24 hours or should I refrigerate it and then reheat it in the sous vide the next day?

Last edited:
My best and most recent brisket was held for 16 hours.... I don't see why another 8 would make a difference to the negative. Mind your hold temps and you should be good to go IMHO.

I hot held my last one for 19 hours I think ~150F. Turned out pretty good.As said already keep an eye on temps

I do overnight Sous Vide holds on all of my briskets now, at 141 degrees. The last one i did, as well as one about a month ago went 24 hours due to unforeseen things coming up that delayed me getting to slice the briskets as soon as I had originally planned.

Both of them were still great, and I didn't find any noticeable difference between the 24 hour hold and say a 15 hour hold which is pretty normal for me.

I held one last weekend for probably 16 hours in the oven set at 170°. Turned out great.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I held my last one in the sous vide for 18 hours at 143 and it was great. I wouldn't hesitate to go 24 hours.

I do overnight Sous Vide holds on all of my briskets now, at 141 degrees. The last one i did, as well as one about a month ago went 24 hours due to unforeseen things coming up that delayed me getting to slice the briskets as soon as I had originally planned.

Both of them were still great, and I didn't find any noticeable difference between the 24 hour hold and say a 15 hour hold which is pretty normal for me.

Right on. Have you tried different temps on the sous vide?

Right on. Have you tried different temps on the sous vide?

The first few times I did it were at 145. I adjusted down only for the reason I wanted to go as low as is safe to do. The USDA says you can hot hold food for up to 8 hours at 135 and above, or indefinitely at 140 or above. The sous vide is such a precision instrument that temp fluctuations are generally within half of one degree, so I settled on 141 so it would literally never drop below 140. But that is just me being extreme lol

Back