Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Hobe Sound Bar-B-Que Festival - Hobe Sound, FL - July 9th/10th

Whiskey Bent got the proclamation from the governor's office this morning and we only need 15 teams since this is a first year event. It looks like we have 12 on the books already.

Look forward to seeing everyone at the event.

We'll be there... just our second. We competed in Venice in April and had so much fun, we're gonna try again. Don't look for us under Fully Involved though, we had to change our name because of a conflict in team names, it's already been taken. We will be competing as "Smoke Eaters BBQ" Hope to meet some of you there, I really didn't get a chance to mingle much at the last one.

Between scuba dives as deep as 1100 feet, Gov Christ and I have truly assessed the scope of this oil leak. In short, we can fix it! We are simply waiting for Bobby Jindal to say a few foolish things before we begin. What's a few thousand more gallons.

Anyways, while dining that night on caviar encrusted fine cheeses and the sippiest wines from the governors personal vineyard, we discussed a proclamation for hobe sound.

I want to say that although the governor is an afficianado of fine bbq, he is in fact a busy man. In fact, this was a very selfish favor for me to ask from the most powerful man in the greater florgeorbama region. However, I asked and the short response is he said No!

He said that if it had been a KCBS event, he would have felt differently. I am sorry if I have disappointed you all. Please feel free to call me for real time gov proclamation information @ 863-221-8144.

Sincerely,
Joel Vann
Sr. Advisory Counsel
State of Florida

Hog Whisperer (charcoal edition)
Twice calibrated forehead thermometer
Acai Berry soaked petrified wood chunks
Sams Club (KCBS approved) Foil

"It's not a bbq comp unless you show up Saturday at 3am to start setting up shop!"

Damn Joel, you really stepped in it this time! :doh:
I hope your phone line lights up.

http://m.tcpalm.com/news/2010/jul/02/professional-barbecue-teams-will-descend-on-hobe/

Back