High Plains Shenanigans - Chuckie Melt w Horsey Sauce

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
After recent conversations about what to do with chuckles, Piney put up a great idea...

Serve on toasted Kaiser rolls with a good horseradish sauce. :-D

I broke out the beef from yesterday's chuckie cook, and reheated it on the stove.

Spread over a toasted King's Hawai'ian roll, then put in the toaster oven on broil to melt some swiss, and slathered with homemade horse radish sauce (sour cream, mayo, horse radish, lemon juice, salt, pepper).

lthKJybh.jpg

myHm3Bah.jpg

Bosslady's reheating a couple of slices of last night's granny smith apple, Danish blue cheese, and local honey pizza for dessert.

Ts5e27Nh.jpg

Happy Sunday, folks!

You have some creative cooking going on there. Very nice and inspiring. I am going to have to try some new variations myself.

An outstanding looking sammy and a fruit, cheese and honey pie for dessert it does not get any better than that.

Just when I thought it could not get any better then you hit us with the Lamb Tikka Masala.

Just when I thought it could not get any better then you hit us with the Lamb Tikka Masala.

Sorry... I have a problem.

I love Indian food... and I seriously crave it.

Found this recipe a while ago - sorry, but no reference:

Tikka Powder:
• 6 teaspoons coriander
• 6 teaspoons cumin
• 6 teaspoons garlic powder
• 6 teaspoons paprika
• 4 teaspoons garam masala
• 3 teaspoons ginger, ground
• 3 teaspoons dried mint
• 2 teaspoons chili powder

I combined about 2 Tbsp of this with a couple of glugs of lemon juice and some veggie oil (EVOO/avocado/whatever you have) in a zip-top bag.

I threw in whatever meat I was cooking for the curry... this time, it was a fair amount of the rare lamb from Easter Dinner, cubed and ready to soak up the flavors from the wet rub.

Back