THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisket about 4-5 hours in and temped at about 160. I was thinking of foiling but I may let her ride naked.

IMG00451-20110924-0859-1.jpg

Great taste in lager, but the SA Octoberfest is something I got to take advantage of this time of the year. I LOVE the stuff.

I'd think twice about letting a brisket that's been cookin' at 350* finish cooking without wrapping. Just saying...if it's already over 160* it should've gotten all the smoke it needs and you can open the foil up at the end of the cook to crisp up the bark if you want.

Great taste in lager, but the SA Octoberfest is something I got to take advantage of this time of the year. I LOVE the stuff.

I'd think twice about letting a brisket that's been cookin' at 350* finish cooking without wrapping. Just saying...if it's already over 160* it should've gotten all the smoke it needs and you can open the foil up at the end of the cook to crisp up the bark if you want.

I foiled at 180. It's almost done. :thumb:

why think twice about not wrapping?

food looks like it is coming along nicely.

All done guys, and boy am I stuffed. Hopefully after I down some more cold ones I'll work up an appetite for round 3. :boxing:

DSCN5361.jpg

The watchdog taking a break from guarding his meat. :crazy:

DSCN5362.jpg

"Who there?!"

DSCN5369.jpg

smoked mac n cheese with bacon

DSCN5371.jpg

butt

DSCN5373.jpg

DSCN5377.jpg

DSCN5380.jpg

I'm more than satisfied on my 1st semi high heat. It was rocking at 350F for a few hours than ran steady at 280F till done. My lil helper got to sample all of the above. Thanks to the Brethren for making this a smooooth smoke. :thumb:

Back