THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Look great!

I've never chopped mine. I like the strings and larger hunks of meat. I know a lot of people do though. I think this is a regional thing, no?

I've been wanting to smoke butts for WEEKS but just can't seem to get it done. Was going to this weekend, but have to go help my brother with his ceramic tile floor!

Farkety-fark-farken-FARK!!!

Oh, well.....I'll settle for drooling over yours and Phubars!!
:thumb::thumb:

Looks fantastic. There's been several mentions of butcher paper here lately - I'm gonna have to check that out. Your neighbors are lucky!

Nice...thanks for the play-by-play! :p I do mine in foil pans @ 325-350...foil @ 160ish....cooler @ 190ish for slices...210ish for pulled (I found I need to take the butts to a higher internal for pulling when cooking hh). They usually pop in about 4-5 hours...:becky: I'll have to give the butcher paper a try...see how it does on the bark...:cool:

Same technique works well on brisket. If you start out with the brisket or pork shoulder in a pan, cover the pan with foil at 160. Pull and cooler at 190. If you don't start out with it in the pan where it will collect a lot of its own juice, that is fine, just add some water or beer to the bottom of the pan before you add the pork shoulder or brisket after it hits 160, cover with foil, and take to 190 for brisket or 195 to 200 for pulled pork.

I rarely have 12-15 hours to devote to low and slow briskets or pork shoulders. The above technique works very well, and will turn out an excellent product in at least 1/2 of the time.

Back