hey, skin scrapers!!!

I would not consume it myself as some pretty nasty bugs are not killed at the 165* and they do tend to develope on chicken, especially. Why kill off a judge, if you don't have to. :wink:
Well... unless it is the infamous "Judge Number 6". :icon_shy

4 hours danger zone >41*--<135* Cumulative. get it done and drop it in ice. No big deal.
you have to remove the shin from the feet so you can pick your teeth :p

could you tell us where this (4 hours danger zone >41*--<135* Cumulative.) comes from the usda rules servsafe rules your state.county or city heath dept

could you tell us where this (4 hours danger zone >41*--<135* Cumulative.) comes from the usda rules servsafe rules your state.county or city heath dept
FDA guidlines that states can or not follow. Texas still uses 140* as the upper for unsafe zone for PHF. The more important time is trips trough the zone and times they take and/or occur. Google is a good source to find several good articles, etc. I actually use time and temp logs for all the PHF items in my establishment and follow the TX guidlines of >41* - <140* but my post was what is acceptable to the FDA as actual varies from state to state and municipality to municipality.

Check your own area to be safe.

i'm with you on the health issues, but say for instance that the skin was not cooled after scraping and did go bad. wouldn't it be safe after being brought to temperature after cooking?

No. Live bacteria is only one possible problem. The other is that the bacterie leave behind toxins that can make you ill - so even if you heat the food until it's warm enough to kill everything, the toxins are still there.

We now process 4 pieces of chicken at a time, so we don't have a huge pile of chicken out for hours.

Back