Hey everybody!

Sickboy579

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Ed
Hey all, new guy here. My name is ed, aka sickboy579. Greeting from buffalo, ny. I hope I’m doing this right!

I guess it goes without saying I’m a foodie. I’m a home brewer, I cook anything and everything, spend much of my time outdoors, sportsman, and I’m in search of my doctorate in all things bbq/smoke.

I’m a backyard guy. Started with my r2d2, garbage can looking smoker, eventually stumbled upon a good deal and picked up a meadow creek sq-36. A little trial and error, all self taught. Eventually I started turning out some brisket and butts that blew the minds of friends and faimly. They’re perception of good bbq was something reheated and drowned in sauce from a chain restaurant.

As the requests to do backyard parties increased, i simply ran out of room. Could only do about 40 lbs. recently I just invested into a meadow creek Ts120p. I should have it in a few weeks. Now, I need to learn to use it.

Time to up my game... I’m here to learn and share with liked minded individuals with the same passion. I know there’s no set of rules, the meat is different, it’s done when it’s done, slow and low always wins. I have a brine I like, a rub I like, they say the foods good. But I want more, I know there are tips, tricks and hacks to be learned... how to incorporate some spice and flavor to step things up... probably many things I’ve never considered about feeding larger crowds. Believe me if I could apprentice, I would!

So... I’m going to poke around and find what I can, contribute if and when I can. If you all have any tips as how to get the most from the collective knowledge here, do tell. I’m all ears. I’m open to questions, comments, concerns and cheap shots. I look forward to your advice and thoughts.

Thanks all, I look forward to interacting with everyone.

Welcome to the forum Ed from sunny SE Arizona, I see by your profile you experience a lot of ups and downs in your professional life... Sorry could not resist... Again welcome.

Welcome aboard Ed, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome, Ed.

Glad you're here with us. You've come to the right place.

If you haven't found it yet, I highly suggest KCQUERS Roadmap to the QTalk Forum. I think I spent 2-3 weeks reading that and associated threads, and I still use it as a reference when I need something.

Back