THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

isuhunter

Full Fledged Farker
Brethren Friends -- my wife wants some manicotti for dinner tomorrow night Ive never made any or stuffed them before and have no idea where to start. I know this isn't BBQ but I figure someone out there has dabbled in this area. I'm thinking something with some meat and spinach and a tomato sauce.

Any help on a recipe would be greatly appreciated.

Three components:

Pasta: Eggs, flour, salt;

Filling: Drained Whole Milk Ricotta, Locatelli, Black Pepper (you'll of course add meat & spinach and/or whatever else you want...);

Sauce: Plum Tomatoes, Fresh Basil, Olive Oil, Garlic, Salt, Pepper;

IMG_2447.jpg

IMG_2449.jpg

IMG_2450.jpg

IMG_2451.jpg

IMG_2452.jpg

IMG_2458.jpg

IMG_2462.jpg

IMG_2463.jpg

IMG_2464.jpg

IMG_2465.jpg

Wow! Super job. I have to make mine without egg because of an allergy.
It works, but just not the same.

The Frugal Gourmet has a very easy version that makes the pasta like a crepe.

I learned this in college and it's such an easy hack I still do it that way sometimes today

The Frugal Gourmet has a very easy version that makes the pasta like a crepe.

I learned this in college and it's such an easy hack I still do it that way sometimes today

Yes. Traditionally they are made from a crepe like batter, not rolled pasta dough. My mother would have a few small pans going on the stove and would lay the cooked manicotti shells out on the table that was covered in a large white sheet.

Back