THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kickback, the rain/high moisture does change things. You may have to kick the temp up some for the entire cook to keep the temps steady during those times. I know I do when we have those conditions. Nothing wrong with cooking at some higher temps as lots of folk on here prefer to do it that way. Do everything you can to keep your fuel source dry before firing up the smoker. Keep us posted bro.

If that's the only material you have available to you then maybe it's just a matter of shaking out the basket a little more often so that the ash doesn't get a chance to build up as much. As for the humidity, I just try to run hotter than normal to try and battle the moisture in the air that the cooker is drawing into it. Could you drill or cut out some larger holes into that mesh?

It could be that you got a moist batch of charcoal. Some people have here have had poor results with one batch of charcoal but not another with the theory that they happened to pick up a bag that might have picked up some moisture along the way (sitting on a loading dock in the rain). With your location, this could be a factor.

WHAT, it takes you 20 or 30 minutes to drink 1 beer??:-D
That would be the time between beers. Assuming you start with a full can check temp while consuming and adjusting (11 min). Use facilities and rinse before going for said 1 beer (7 minutes). Move towards adult beverage storage container, acquire replacement beverage and consume while checking guages (11 minutes).
TA DAA!!!!!! In less than thirty minutes youve made adjustments had time for them to stabalize and consumed a beer.
Is this not the way to count consumption? Been married 20+ years and this is how I count them for her when she asks.

Back