Help for a non-griller? Lion or Blaze

Totesmoron

Name or Nickame
HB
Hi friends. So...I'm a non griller at the end of the day. Steak, chicken breast, burgers, veg maybe 1x a week for me and husband and I like everything well done anyway lol (the crowd gasps!). Pretty simple stuff.

I have a designated area for a built-in LP grill and can't go over $2500 for a 32 inch grill that is outside in the elements (no covered porch).

The salesman - who sells several brands- said forget the Napoleon and said the Lion is best for the elements. I see many reviews about uneven heating. Will a casual griller for 2 people who are not meat snobs care or notice?

The Blaze gets better reviews...the salesman said it was good...but Lion better in my case. He attributed uneven grilling to people not cleaning their grills.

Anyone?

Am not familiar with any of those brands, but good luck. The more you cook on it the better you get, but well done, that won't ever get better. Just pokin' at yer. Welcome to the insanity...

I haven’t heard great things about Lion. I think Blaze is better for their top end version. I can’t decide if the more moderately priced ones are as good.

I really don't like my Blaze. Pretty weak fire, inconsistent heat front to back, grill grates are kind of cheap.

With a budget like that you owe it to yourself to check out MAK grills.

Best of luck on your decision!

Glad you found something you think you might like. 6 hours from asking advice to dropping the dough to make a purchase isn’t a ton of time for these guys/gals to give their experiences. If you ask a few days out, members usually come through with something to help you out! Happy grilling!

Back