Hello. My name is Sherman and I was born to compete.

Super Job Tim !!!!
That is a labor of love... hope you left a free spot for trophies !!

Thanks Vinnie.
Actually, we do not keep any trophies. Well, except for the two pig bookends from Thomaston that Mrs Kapn fell in love with. :oops:
We are "downsizing" and they are just dust collectors to us. The partner always gets them.

Very fine craftsmanship. You must have put a lot of thought into that trailer. How did you do one the first time out?
Nate

Nate--thanks,
Sherman kinda liked Lake City. 2nd in Chicken, 5th in Ribs, and 5th overall. We were 12th in Brisket, but only about one point or so between us and 6th or so :oops: Best chicken finish in several years. Sherman found the "magic twanger" to solve the chicken challenge. :lol:

I got the pleasure of helping to cook onboard Sherman at Lake City and I can tell you that Tim did some beautiful work on it.
Russ

Guys and Gals--say "HI" to Russ. He kinda hung out with us at Live Oak and Clermont. For Lake City, he was a full up team member. Cooked the Butts and 3 Ribs on his WSM.
Did great! He now has the first two trophies for his collection. And, they were really nice ones to start out with!
He is on his own now and will start competing at Mulberry in a few weeks.
Great guy and will make a fine Brother.
I just hope I did not train him too well and he does not kick our butt, at least for awhile anyway! :oops:

DCP04069.jpg

Kapn, that thing is sweet! I wish I had something that nice at the house, much less mobile.
BTW, I'll be coming through again in December. Let's see if we can spend more than 15 minutes in a parking lot.

YUP--15 minutes at the truck stop sucked.
We can do better this fall.

I got to see Sherman firsthand at Lake City, WAY COOL. It sure looks like it was worth all the effort.. All it needs is a chrome PIG!!!
You mean like this??
DCP04071.jpg

Thanks for the "trailer warming" present.
Sherman will wear it with pride.

I got the dimmer on the fans today.
I can turn them down to a light breeze now---Perfect!

Thanks for all the kind words folks.
Been a fun, if tiring, project.

Time to cook now. :lol:

TIM

Last edited:
Tim, it looks great. You guys are really going to enjoy it, that's for sure.
I can see a lot of familiar ideas, right down to the chrome pigs! :wink:

Sorry I didn't get over in Lake City, but I will for sure in Mulberry.

Tim- Thanks for the on-site tour of Sherman! As I said in LC, it is awesome! For those who can't tell from the pics, everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) has its place, which as everyone knows, is important when trying to maximize space. Congrats on the calls in LC, you kicked my arse! I guess all that chicken practice paid off! :biggrin: Hopefully, I will see you at another contest soon! I still say I should have busted a bottle of natty light on that sucker...lol:lol:

Back