Hello from Wilmington, NC

OinkinForTheBoykin

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Hi all!

I have been around outdoor cooking my entire life, wether on a grill or cooking whole hog on a pull behind trailer for friends and family.

Recently, I have been interested in smoking after talking with a co-worker and forum member, DowntownLeland, about his smoking over some adult beverages. And then trying his meat coming off of his smokers.

This had me looking into buying a smoker, looking for something very entry level to get my feet wet. He had been telling me about a nice little smoker that he had been eyeing to buy himself.

Well I ended up running across one of those smokers not to far from me that was new inbox and deeply discounted. After wavering on the decision I decided to pull the trigger and now I am the pround owner of a Sweet Swine O' Mine Little Red Box.

I cured the smoker yesterday and today I am smoking my first meat in it. Was going for a shoulder but weather put a damper on my time frame so I opted for some ribs. Cannot wait to get them off the racks!

Attachments

• IMG_7824.jpg
    IMG_7824.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7829.jpg
    IMG_7829.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 29
Welcome to the forum! I think you will enjoy your smoker. Mark knows his craft and knows BBQ. Hope to see those ribs when they're done.

Welcome to the forum, sweet cooker you got there.

Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell. Lived in Wilmington in the nineties, worked for Murphy Farms in Pender. Miss J Michaels and Pt's and the DU banquets big time. Never cared for Oh Brians tho.

Back