Hello from Lakeland, FL!

Russ622

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Hello all, I have been lurking here for a few days now. I found you guys searching Google looking for info on WSM's and the pros/cons of 18.5 Vs. 22.5. As luck would have it, right after I decided on the 22.5 and ordered it, I checked back over here and found that I have some posting ability now, so what better time to introduce myself and to thank you guys for helping me without you even knowing it.

So a little about me, born and raised in Jersey for 40 years, moved here to FL back in 2012. I am married and have 3 kids ranging from daughter (18 )and 2 sons (16 and soon to be 7). I am a glazier by trade for the last 17 years specializing in custom mirrors and shower doors. I am an avid cigar smoker with over 3000 cigars in my collection. I started smoking meat 2 years ago, started off with a MES, moved onto a Browning/Camp Cheff pellets pooper and over the past few months and been grilling and smoking on a one touch Weber Kettle 22.5. That's the grill that made me want to start smoking over coals and wood on a regular basis. I'm still going to use my pellet and MES (I find the MES to be perfect for butts when they are wrapped in the crutch, why waste pellets and now charcoal and wood if there's no need to).

Anyway, I think I have rambled enough now, so thanks again for helping me spend money without even getting to know me first.

Russ.

Last edited:
Russ welcome to the forum from sunny SE Az.

Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome aboard Russ, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Welcome to your new addiction! I just joined a couple months ago and its been an awesome experience. Learned quite a bit just by browsing the threads. Lots of valuable knowledge and more importantly, very knowledgeable pitmasters that are more than willing to share their knowledge and help you out. By the way, I'm in the naples area about 2 hrs from Lakeland. "Hey neighbor"!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back