THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hamm2seven

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Hello everyone, I am a 36 yr old husband, father of two little girls (2 and 5) and lover of bbq. I started smoking about 7 years ago with a Masterbuilt xl40 gas smoker which served me well for several years and works great for hanging sausage in. Then last year I got the itch to step up to a better unit but with the two little ones decided pellets were the best choice for me to go with for the convenience, and picked up a Green Mountain Jim Bowie WiFi. Love this thing!

I have been to a couple local comps around North East Wisconsin and the competition bug has definitely bit me. Been talking to the wife about getting another smoker as well as taking my R&R 16ft enclosed trailer and adding the necessities for a comp trailer. I tend to jump into stuff with both feet (after plenty of research) which led me here. After lurking for some time, I decided this is the place I want to hang out, shoot the q, learn from the veterans, and try to point newer people in the right direction. I look forward to the new friendships.

-Scott

Another Sconnie in the house!
There really isn't a better place on the internet to learn and share barbecue.
The comp bug can be strong. Hearing your team name called for a top ten is like a drug too.

Glad you found us.

Welcome to the best clubhouse on the web!

Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome aboard Scott, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Welcome to the brethren, Scott. Glad that you found us, and good luck in your comp career. My daughter and I do backyard comps, not sure if we want to jump into pro, but maybe one day. Enjoy yourself here.

Back