THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBQBetty

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Kristine
My first post so I figured I'd do the proper thing and introduce myself :-D I'm Kristine (aka BBQBetty). I live in a suburb of Dallas, TX with my husband, our mini schnauzer Izzie and kitten Fiona. By day, I am a web developer at a digital marketing agency, but at night, I am an avid home cook. I joined because I'm finally diving into the world of low-and-slow BBQ so I can share my love with friends and family.

My main grill is a 22" Weber Kettle that I've had for almost 6 years now. Still in great shape and does the job for now. However, I just received an old Oklahoma Joes offset smoker that belonged to my late father who passed away in 2012. This will be my first restoration project ever so I'm hoping to get some guidance from some of you fine gentleman in this area (I will be posting in the other topic area with more details, photos, etc.)

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts so far :) You guys seem like a great bunch. Looking forward to getting to know ya'll!

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome, Kristine. You certainly nailed it when you referred to this group as a great bunch. Since I joined, it actually seems more like an extended family. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here who can help you with that restoration. The sooner you tackle that, the sooner you can post your first cook pics and join in the fun.

Welocme to the Forum

Thanks for joining us, it's a great bunch!

Fair Warning: This place can be hazardous to your wallet and waistline...

Back