Heat and Concrete

thats why i built this out of an old propaine bbq with side burner. the propaine burner works great to start the coals and fast. fuuuuunnnnnnyyyyyyy story. glad everyone and things are safe.
DSCF1512.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCF1513.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCF1514.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCF1516.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCF1515.jpg
[/IMG]

I am gonna go out on a limb here and guess you are or were in the airforce.

nope, but i like concrete and really fast aircraft :becky:

that looks like a crop circle in the driveway. maybe the wife would have believed that. people pay big bucks for the exposed aggregate finish :thumb:

that wouldn't work up here in freeze/thaw land. i wouldn't attempt patching that spall because it's too shallow and whatever you put in there will come tight out in no time.

How about if you bored some holes into the area so the patch ccould have deep support areas kinda like bridge pilings?

nope, but i like concrete and really fast aircraft :becky:

that looks like a crop circle in the driveway. maybe the wife would have believed that. people pay big bucks for the exposed aggregate finish :thumb:

My nephew is an engineer for an aircraft manufacturer that was working on the joint force's fighter project. That was his job, to figure a design that wouldn't blow the tarmack on the runways to pieces. Last I heard he's still working on it:-D

How about if you bored some holes into the area so the patch ccould have deep support areas kinda like bridge pilings?

My nephew is an engineer for an aircraft manufacturer that was working on the joint force's fighter project. That was his job, to figure a design that wouldn't blow the tarmack on the runways to pieces. Last I heard he's still working on it:-D

it would be better to remove more concrete to make a thicker repair, but hey, a skim coat of that texas mortar might work in the south. ohio is the absolutely worse weather for pavement due to the number of freeze/thaw cycles. thin layers have so much more surface area compared to their thickness they crack when they shrink.

click this for airplanes :plane:

Similar to the crop circle, the crete circle is thought to be a by-product of alien thermal experimentation. Often, select pieces of animals parts can be found in proximity of a crete circle covered with dry particles or lathered with celestial sauces. While infrequent, danger of alien - human cavity probes are possible. Proceed with caution! :heh:

pD5oU.jpg

Similar to the crop circle, the crete circle is thought to be a by-product of alien thermal experimentation. Often, select pieces of animals parts can be found in proximity of a crete circle covered with dry particles or lathered with celestial sauces. While infrequent, danger of alien - human cavity probes are possible. Proceed with caution! :heh:

pD5oU.jpg

kinda like a alien reach around thing:sorry:

Exterior concrete has chemicals added to the mix to cause the air bubbles. Concrete= sand, portland cement and (stone, slag etc.) This gives the product the ability to expand and contract , therefore less likely to crack or spall in the extreme conditions. The concrete by nature is very porous. This is why you waterproof a basement before you back fill , add drain tiles etc to get the water away. Add heat and the trapped air pockets expand=kaboom! Never use any concrete product near heat.

Good thing I saw this, lol, On my next UDS build,I was going to put a thin layer of concrete in the bottom as an experiment.

Back