THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Try this.
www.newsdayinsider.com
Register and go to member home page/
enter your magic name and secret word,
then go to digital den/ see the gig and click more.
We are there, not square.

The page you requested is available only to subscribers

In order to view this page, you must be a premium registered member of Newsday.com. Registration is fast, free and easy. Register now, or log in with your e-mail address and password below.

I registered and this is what i got. SO let me get this straight, i break my ass for 10 hours for FREE and just because i dont subscribe to their crappy newspaper i cant even look at pics?

attachment.php

See Poobah had signature ear tuck workin! Proud of you brothers.

I was gonna say something about that.

The page you requested is available only to subscribers

In order to view this page, you must be a premium registered member of Newsday.com. Registration is fast, free and easy. Register now, or log in with your e-mail address and password below.

I registered and this is what i got. SO let me get this straight, i break my ass for 10 hours for FREE and just because i dont subscribe to their crappy newspaper i cant even look at pics?

Once you register for free, go to the www.newsdayinsider.com for free, you may need to re-enter your info and you should be able to find the picture link for free.
Try it, for free.
(they say they have 54 photos but you can only see a few.)
Free Newsday now!

attachment.php

See Poobah had signature ear tuck workin! Proud of you brothers.

hey!!! i dont tuck em in, they just land like that..

i think i got really long ears.. or maybe they just be high up on my head... it works better that way case i can hear tall people better than most.

:redface:

Maybe someone can pm us their magic lingo so we can sneak a peek at some pics, eh Sledneck?
Actually i re registered with another email address and the box where its asks you if you are a subscriber just put yes, I was able to view all 54 photos. Newsday blows anyway. No mention of this event in the real paper

That was the one thing I wondered as well... I would have expected that Newsday's food reporter, Erica Marcus, who had her name plastered in the ad as well would have put together some type of short article at the very least on the event etc. with some pictures

That was the one thing I wondered as well... I would have expected that Newsday's food reporter, Erica Marcus, who had her name plastered in the ad as well would have put together some type of short article at the very least on the event etc. with some pictures.
You would figure since we did it for nothing, if they do this again i will not be there next time , they suck

Hi Gang, I am one of those elistist insider snobs and got 2 tickets to the prom..Great food, Lousy music, great food..did anyone get a pic of willie's "fork" splint?? Learned alot, met some of you for real and hope to get my own BBQ(not grillen) started..Been thinken about it all summer..Newsday did their usual "cluster fark" and no one knew when to talk or when to eat. Too bad u were missing two teams but the four others made up for it...Hope to get together with youuus guys again this summer/winter..please keep us informed about L.I.'s finest bbq get togethers.(what that word??)...Tom..

That was the one thing I wondered as well... I would have expected that Newsday's food reporter, Erica Marcus, who had her name plastered in the ad as well would have put together some type of short article at the very least on the event etc. with some pictures

i cant get into the insiders section.... and yes.. i registered. :confused: keeps askig me to login in... funny since the only option i have is to 'logout'.

Maryellen told me on tuesday she will be sending a DVD and pics over to us and that there was some kind of write up coming out but has to get past the editors. Julie got an interview out of it too with a run in sundays paper.

When I asked our Newsday friends that whether this would make the "street editon" she said no. just an insider newsday gig, only for the inner sanctum; something about not being able to publish a possible endorsement, conflict of interest or some such newspeak. No big deal as far as I am concerned.
We had fun, worked hard and they enjoyed it.

When I asked our Newsday friends that whether this would make the "street editon" she said no. just an insider newsday gig, only for the inner sanctum; something about not being able to publish a possible endorsement, conflict of interest or some such newspeak. No big deal as far as I am concerned.
We had fun, worked hard and they enjoyed it.

Conflict of interest ??? :confused: They created the promotion in their own paper to keep their own readers happy to keep their subscriptions high so their advertisers will want to continue to run ads in their paper which will make both of them profits.

I shouldn't speak since I did not attend, but it definitely seems odd that they coordinate their own event but can't write a review about it showing all the other readers how much enjoyment Newsday Insider members.

At the very least, I think Newsday should provide each of you with a free one year subscription, for giving up part of your your own work/family time.

Back