HBT Custom Smokers

Little Pig Barbeque

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Jesse Robinson
Whats up guys and gals! I'm about to pull the trigger on a small trailer rig, but I'm pretty limited on my options where I live. I'm wanting to keep it around 3K, so getting something shipped to me isn't something in interested in. I have found a place about an hour from me that is a reseller of HBT Smokers. Does anyone have experience with these smokers? Im looking at specifically the Weekender or the Delux model.

I know some aren't wild about diamond plate steel, but I think it looks pretty cool. I believe they will build the smoker with smooth sided steel if you ask. Does anyone have either of those models and could give me some feedback???

Also found a company called SLE equipment that sells some trailer rigs in Nashville TN, but I know nothing about them. They are also about an hour from me in a different direction.

Thanks folks!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

They have a Facebook page for owners, lot of good info. They also can make same smoker in plate instead of diamond. There some videos on YouTube as well. Also, I saw one in person was an older model on the game day, was very nice. Now insulated fire boxes. Only thing I don’t like compared to Lang is the grease drain on the plate, the hbt doesn’t have a sealed plate at the far end and the grease drain is at bottom of the tank.maybe that not a big deal but I wouldn’t want anything dripping zero the bottom of the tank.

Last edited:
For a starter smoker it would be ok. Their welds are not that great. I have had to reweld the front shelf and firebox door. I feel the welder on mine said to himself "Oh well, that ought to hold.....". You can tell it was a not so experienced welder or one that didn't care what it looked like. It gets the job done. I feel the reverse flow plate needs to be thicker too.

I'll check the Lang fb page put as well. Thanks for that! Not gonna lie, the price of the HBT really got me looking at them. Capacity seems very good for the price. I know you get what you pay for to some degree, but it looks like they are built pretty well. They have been in business for a while so they have to be doing something right lol

I talked to them today and they do offer all of their smokers in diamond plate or smooth steel so from that aspect, it's nice to have that option.

I'm keeping my eyes open for now, but will strongly be considering them. Im not a pro by any means. Just a weekend cook kinda guy that just wants a new toy lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back