Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Harpoon New England Championship, Windsor Vt - July 25 & 26, 2008

We're vending both Sat and Sunday.

Will be offering pulled pork sannies, baby back ribs, and grilled corn on the cob (in the husk) with our Roasted Corn Seasoning. When that runs out, we're probably going to be doing smoked hot dogs, sausage, and chicken wings.

Kicked around the idea of doing smoked bologna steaks glazed with a bbq sauce.

Depending on the crowds, we may load up our cooker on Saturday night with another charge of pulled pork for Sunday.

Hard to gauge the two day thing.

I hope the rental fee of all the food you can eat for the use of the grill wont cut into sales :wink::wink::wink:

Will be offering pulled pork sannies, baby back ribs, and grilled corn on the cob (in the husk) with our Roasted Corn Seasoning. When that runs out, we're probably going to be doing smoked hot dogs, sausage, and chicken wings.

Depending on the crowds, we may load up our cooker on Saturday night with another charge of pulled pork for Sunday.

Will you also be in New Paltz? We are leaving on Sunday Morning, not doing the grilling. Can you transport the Rancher to New Paltz?
Ray

29 points out do you really think we could make them up this weekend???
Grilling hasn't been my friend since the new grilling rules. I don't like the limitations of KCBS for grilling. A grilling contest should be open, show what the cook can do. Sauce with 1/8 in dices, and no frills garnish. I'm sorry, it's like they cut your hands off.:icon_bugeyed

Wow, 3rd place team of the year and you are not going after that last score?:shock:

29 points out do you really think we could make them up this weekend???
Grilling hasn't been my friend since the new grilling rules. I don't like the limitations of KCBS for grilling. A grilling contest should be open, show what the cook can do. Sauce with 1/8 in dices, and no frills garnish. I'm sorry, it's like they cut your hands off.:icon_bugeyed

Wow, 3rd place team of the year and you are not going after that last score?:shock:

The new NEBS grilling rules open the door for the
contest organizer to choose what he wants..
standard garnish, open garnish, or no garnish!!
talk to your favorite organizer.. Ray you always do
very well in grilling.. unless we can get you torn down
saturday night.. :icon_blush:

Will you also be in New Paltz? We are leaving on Sunday Morning, not doing the grilling. Can you transport the Rancher to New Paltz?
Ray

Hi Ray,

We aren't going to New Paltz. We appreciate the "loan" on Saturday. You guys can take off with the Rancher on Sunday morning. We'll be fine with two 22.5 Kettles on Sunday.

Unless.... You want to sell it.

Ray... which events with the new rules have been hurting you? Only Smoke and Steam and New Hampshire have used them as far as I knew... and I think you guys were only at NH.

Shoot me an email or PM; interested in your feed back on those for next time they come up for review.
-Thanks
-B

We had this great idea to do deep fried hot dogs on a stick

:wink:

Hmmm if you do that we might have to serve soylent green on a stick. It will come in multiple flavors we call them chris, kenny, jaime, dave and andy. We reserve the right to add more flavor choices !!

Fab P as in PEOPLE ! Of course with all that meat we'll have to vend both days so I'll have to ask the health inspector what the proper internal temp should be.

You must have heard... this year the Inspector is "An EASY ONE"... so I think "warm" is good enough.

Hmmm if you do that we might have to serve soylent green on a stick. It will come in multiple flavors we call them chris, kenny, jaime, dave and andy. We reserve the right to add more flavor choices !!

We'll drop it from from the menu if you don't setup across the street from us. :-D If this is acceptable, I'll get my lawyer to draft something up.

Hope this doesn't constitute hijacking, but who's also vending at Harpoon? What are you offering for sale to the public?

American Royal Style Burnt Ends
Ribs
Corn
Cheesy Fries
Deep Fried Mac and Cheese

476708732_1a7a6d3120.jpg

Back