Harpoon!! (7/28-29) Windsor,VT

A very nice job to all the Brethren teams that competed! A very special "HooRAH" to my brothers Vinny, Jorge and Poobah for the scores in pork and brisket!!

A very nice job to all the Brethren teams that competed! A very special "HooRAH" to my brothers Vinny, Jorge and Poobah for the scores in pork and brisket!!
I second that hoorah! And congratulations to all of the "NEBS brethren " who walked. :biggrin: A very nice contest. Was very nice to meet big daddy q and rub. I can now see why they have a waiting list.

Harpoon grilling winners.

Transformers BBQ Grand Champion
The Slabs.com reserve

Great job guys!!

Just got back from Harpoon a little while ago. What an awesome time. Got to hang out with all kinds of Brethren, met the Poobah for the first time, hoisted a few with Willie B, Lakeside Smoker, our next door neighbors Lost Nation, the Anchormen (congrats on RCG Ray!) and a big congrats to Lunchmeat on their victory...BAAAAAH-BA-QUE! and Transformer BBQ for winning grilling. And thanks to iQue for feeding us Friday and Saturday nights.

A wild three days...did ok in the Q event with one call and 7th overall, tanked grilling, sold everything we had vending. The beer constantly flowed. Real interesting late night hijinks down at the campground by the river. The greatest contest....

Excellent contest !!! ...Overall, I am extremely pleased a 2nd & 3rd in pork & brisket and in the top 10 overall with such a top flight list of teams. Thought the chicken and ribs were pretty good too but the results said otherwise this time out..

Poobah and Jorge are truly two great friends who bent over backwards helping out whenever needed. I cannot thank them enough for all their efforts to allow me to focus on all the details. It was a great little road trip and also a special thanks to James for keeping us entertained and doing so much work setting up and breaking down or whenever asked. Using Phil's trailer to cook in during prep and turn in time was great too.

It was great seeing everyone and meeting some new people as well.

Congrats to Lunchmeat for a great win !!! (although I must admit that I am BAHHBEQUEED out after the first couple of chants) :icon_blush: but you guys like to have fun and that's most important.

Last edited:
Excellent contest !!! ...Overall, I am extremely pleased a 2nd & 3rd in pork & brisket and in the top 10 overall with such a top flight list of teams. Thought the chicken and ribs were pretty good too but the results said otherwise this time out..

Poobah and Jorge are truly two great friends who bent over backwards helping out whenever needed. I cannot thank them enough for all their effortsto allow me to focus on all the details. It was a great little road trip and also a special thanks to James for keeping us entertained and doing so much work setting up and breaking down or whenever asked.

It was great seeing everyone and meeting some new people as well.

Can't be mad at a showing like that! Great job Vinny and thanks for the check-in call. Sounded like everyone had an amazing time. Need to start my bribes now for next year...

I have some pics uploaded to my web site, check em out!

Picture020.jpg

I think the shirt Sully had on Sunday topped that one...

simple drawing of a torso with arms and legs.... "head wanted"

What a great weekend... Didn't have such a good saturday, except with Pork (which we thought was the weakest thing we turned in)...

but Sunday sure made the ride home a lot better...

Congratulations to Lunchmeat... incredible showing.

-Brendan

Hey, nice to see you this weekend Brendan. Great job on Sunday!!!
With those high scores you must have been real close for rookie team of the year. Is there a list for the top rookie teams?

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone see the size of the trophy for Reserve Grand Champions?

Congratulations to all and what a great showing for the Brethren!

i had a blast.. its a nice change to have no pressure on me.. all i had to do was follow vinny around and make sure he didnt have to do anything but cook. We made a few snacks during the day due to 'cooking withdrawls' and wandered around saying hi to as many as I can find.. Gonna try to get in on my own next year for sure.. a great run contest! congrats to everyone who got the calls. I got a few pics to, but gotta locate the camera first. ;(

Back